• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at #10 Memphis Tigers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

We are probably NIT.   Looking at next year we lose a lot. Still need some more length.   CJ Brown seems like a stud Guard.  If we can somehow get Karter Knox and get a solid 6"9 guy. It could carry over to next year for an NCAA team

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

I hope people show up big on Sunday. This team deserves it

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Let's just think about where we could be at this point if we just didn't mess up the easy ones.

Losses

1. Central Michigan, 68-63 (Now: 8-9, 5th place in Mid-American Conference)
2. Maine, 70-59 (Now: 8-10, 8th place in America East Conference)
3. @ Hofstra, 82-63 (Now: 9-9, 8th place in CAA Conference)
4. @ UMASS, 66-56 (Now: 11-6, 9th in Atlantic 10 Conference)
5. @ UAB, 75-71 (Now: 11-6, tied with USF for 5th in American Conference)

I want those losses to CMU, Maine, and at least UMASS back. Maybe even UAB, we had a shot at it. We got whooped by Hofstra on the road so I'll give them that one.

In reality, we're 10-5, but we EASILY could be 13-2 or 14-1. We're a much more talented team than a 10-5 record but it took us a bit to get warmed up early on and we suffered the consequences of losing a few games which are winnable for us now because of it.

Yessir! We definitely are a much better team than our record. I took that CMU loss very hard bc I knew that was one of those fluke losses due to a newly put together team.

Before the season I expected this team to be undefeated going into the FSU game bc as someone who watches a lot of basketball could see that this team is really solid. The biggest problem is discipline with penetrating to the basket and not chucking up contested threes. Buuut both rice and Memphis games we adjusted second half and went more to the basket which earned free throws.

Unfortunately the UAB game we refused to change the philosophy and died by the 3. Which is where this long rant is going, coaching changes and gelling has gotten us here. So as someone else said those losses are part of the process and unfortunate growing pains for a first year coach and team.

P.S I picked a great year to get basketball season Tix. Anyone reading this jump aboard the STM band wagon and support those BULLS!!!!!! GO BULLS!!

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, 350_BULL said:

Yessir! We definitely are a much better team than our record. I took that CMU loss very hard bc I knew that was one of those fluke losses due to a newly put together team.

Before the season I expected this team to be undefeated going into the FSU game bc as someone who watches a lot of basketball could see that this team is really solid. The biggest problem is discipline with penetrating to the basket and not chucking up contested threes. Buuut both rice and Memphis games we adjusted second half and went more to the basket which earned free throws.

Unfortunately the UAB game we refused to change the philosophy and died by the 3. Which is where this long rant is going, coaching changes and gelling has gotten us here. So as someone else said those losses are part of the process and unfortunate growing pains for a first year coach and team.

P.S I picked a great year to get basketball season Tix. Anyone reading this jump aboard the STM band wagon and support those BULLS!!!!!! GO BULLS!!

Agreed. Need to keep driving to the hoop

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  779
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

Looking at next year we lose a lot

We only lose Placer at the end of this year. The other seniors get another year due to the 2020 (Pandemic) season.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

5 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

I don't think that we would have to win the conference tournament. If we can finish at least 10-4 the rest of the way, including a win against another ranked team (FAU) and then win at least 1 conference tournament game that would put us at 21-10 with wins against 2 ranked teams. That would be a strong argument.

Maybe. FAU doesn't look as strong this season as they did last season. Who knows, maybe they'll go on a run the rest of the year and if we upset them, but maybe they won't even be ranked by then. But we had some bad losses in the beginning of the season. Our SOS isn't great. Joe Lunardi has 2 American teams in the tournament as of 1/16/24 -- Memphis as the conference winner & FAU

WWW.ESPN.COM

A little over 22 years ago, Bracketology got its own page on ESPN.com. Until today, not once has Gonzaga failed to make the projected NCAA tournament field.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I hope people show up big on Sunday. This team deserves it

Bucs playoff game is gonna hurt

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Joe Lunardi has 2 American teams in the tournament as of 1/16/24

Well, he probably didn't think we would beat Memphis; and he probably does not think we are going to beat FAU. So, if we can pull another upset, maybe he'll update that number.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

47 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

How quickly so many have jumped on the bandwagon! I remember getting lots of grief before the season when I predicted a 20 win season based on the talent on this team. When I was posting highlights of Pryor, Youngblood, and Placer, I got a lot of grief as well. ASUN talent, JuCo talent, etc.

You predicted 25 wins and Placer was going to the NBA ... let's be honest

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

We are probably NIT.   Looking at next year we lose a lot. Still need some more length.   CJ Brown seems like a stud Guard.  If we can somehow get Karter Knox and get a solid 6"9 guy. It could carry over to next year for an NCAA team

I would prefer a solid and little taller than 6'9" guy. I wonder if Malique Ewin would be available, if the reason that he left us was due to grades. He is currently playing JuCo at South Plains College. He is averaging 12 pts and 8 rebounds per game on 67% shooting from the floor. Those numbers tell me that he is probably averaging fewer than 20 mins per game.