• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: USF Football Heads Into 2024 After Record-Setting Turnaround Season

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Don't forget Atkins breaking receiver records.

* Speaking of Atkins, he had six receptions for 93 yards and two touchdowns. With his completion to Brown, Atkins, a former high-school quarterback, finished the season 4-for-4 passing for 149 yards a touchdown and a 495.4 pass efficiency rating for the year.

image.thumb.png.725a013a01c3cdaa9564688f5640fe11.png

Atkins: He's Just Grand!

Atkins is USF's first 1,000-yard receiver.

Atkins had six catches for 93 yards against Syracuse, extending his single-season program records to 92 receptions for 1,054 yards. He also had a pair of touchdown receptions, giving him seven scores for the season, which ranks tied for second in a season.

The saga of Atkins, an undersized former walk-on who worked a full-time job to supplement his college expenses before earning a scholarship, has been well-documented. But with another season of eligibility remaining, Atkins won't be overlooked any more. He's one of the AAC's best returning offensive talents.

"It's like Coach Golesh says, whatever (success we had) is based on our process being right,'' Atkins said. "Whenever you have a bunch of guys on the field pulling for the same goal, you're going to get wins and that's the reason I was able (to succeed individually).''

Atkins paid tribute to receivers coach L'Damian Washington, saying, "I can't give enough respect to him (because) he taught me how to be the receiver I am today.''

"I just love this team and the 1,000 yards, that's not really anything,'' Atkins said. "It's being with these guys and winning the bowl game, that's what means more to me than anything else.''

Byrum Brown said Atkins' contributions were monumental.

"Everything Sean has done, it speaks to who he is as a person,'' Brown said. "He's a team-first guy. That means everything to us. His numbers speak for themselves. We're glad that Sean Atkins is on our side.''

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

You know what I love about Coach Golesh?   He coached up guys like Sean Atkins and the young man broke USF records.   Other coaching options would have told him to transfer out.   CAG worked with what he had and taught them to be better men.  Just imagine what he can do after a few of his own recruiting classes.   

• Upvote 3
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,298
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, hightechbull said:

You know what I love about Coach Golesh?   He coached up guys like Sean Atkins and the young man broke USF records.   Other coaching options would have told him to transfer out.   CAG worked with what he had and taught them to be better men.  Just imagine what he can do after a few of his own recruiting classes.   

Been saying this all season. Golesh coached these guys up and took a cast of misfits and guys with limited  success anywhere turned them into aggressive winners that never quit. He wants to build a team that wants bring it anytime a and anywhere.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 1

Coached up a lot of players to make records and improve standards !

Notable Numbers

26 — Touchdown passes this season by Brown, who set a USF record. Brown also set a USF mark for single-season completion percentage (64.6).

Notable Numbers

4,101 — Total single-season yards generated by Brown, who has the second-highest total in USF history behind the 4,342 of Quinton Flowers in 2016.

• Upvote 1

Notable Numbers

45-0 — The final score represented the most lopsided shutout victory in college football bowl history.

• Upvote 1

Notable Numbers

55 — Number of career games played by OT Donovan Jennings, who set a USF record.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,298
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, E.T. said:

Notable Numbers

55 — Number of career games played by OT Donovan Jennings, who set a USF record.

Going to be hard to break that . Thanks dono for coming back and leading the oline.

• Like 1