• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How to cut the cord to save $ and still watch the Bulls?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

We cut the cord from DirecTV about 3 or 4 years ago, maybe more. At that point it was ever-climbing and upwards of $140 every month unless we called around the time of original sign-up month every year and asked them what rebates we could get (since they were always running the WAY cheaper rates for new folks). YTTV is about half of what we were paying then and we had zero issues watching any USF games this year between that having the Plus.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  1

You get over 6000 channels 5000 movie channels and 1200 series. Every sports channel including 400 ESPN+ channels the network for every college basketball football and baseball game including soccer,Rugby and tennis and much much more best decision I made $300 a year for two TVs you just need Internet and a couple of fire sticks. Even the last game on ESPNU was covered in one of the college football game channels. 

IMG_0160.jpeg

Edited by MaBull

By the way, forgot to mention, every major league, baseball game, every NFL football game every NHL hockey game and every NBA basketball game

give them a call my nephew has it in Florida my niece has it in Virginia. My godchild has it in California.

Edited by MaBull

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

50 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

We went with SlingTV some years back. Like any provider, they have add-on packages. I add and drop throughout the year depending on my interest. The sports add-on package includes:

image.png.702debfd4eb8b3f409161ef07d6c5c10.png

You get ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3, FS1, Fox Sports Net, etc. Basically, the only thing we don't get is CBSSN - and I get ESPN+ for two months of football season then drop it. 

Even has the PACN.  

30 minutes ago, MaBull said:

You get over 6000 channels 5000 movie channels and 1200 series. Every sports channel including 400 ESPN+ channels the network for every college basketball football and baseball game including soccer,Rugby and tennis and much much more best decision I made $300 a year for two TVs you just need Internet and a couple of fire sticks. Even the last game on ESPNU was covered in one of the college football game channels. 

What a great price!  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

52 minutes ago, MaBull said:

IMG_0160.jpeg

Is that a legit thing? 

2 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

We cut the cord from DirecTV about 3 or 4 years ago, maybe more. At that point it was ever-climbing and upwards of $140 every month unless we called around the time of original sign-up month every year and asked them what rebates we could get (since they were always running the WAY cheaper rates for new folks). YTTV is about half of what we were paying then and we had zero issues watching any USF games this year between that having the Plus.

Great news about YTTV!  Yep that's how DirecTV does it.  Thanks for the info.

Yes it legitimate

You get prime video with it your fire stick is registered through your Amazon account 

it also has SEC network Big Ten network and the big 12 network

Edited by MaBull

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

You mention in your first post you don't have great internet.  What exactly do you mean by that?

One thing to consider is the quality of your internet connection will greatly effect your TV streaming experience if you choose to go that route...especially if you will stream on multiple TV's/devices.

I finally cut the cable a couple months ago during the whole ESPN/Spectrum fiasco, and have had a great experience with it and won't look back....while saving close to $200/month.  But I am fortunate enough to be in an area with access to ATT fiber for my internet service which is lightning fast and much cheaper than my previous Spectrum internet plan.

Edited by rts

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

I try to look at when the last football game of the year is and then time my YouTube TV subscription to go 2 months and then I let it lapse.

Usually this means I travel to a game early in the season or go to a sports bar or something to defer.

Oh also, I use a Mohu Leaf HD antenna for getting the broadcast channels. I watched the USF Bama game that way.

Edited by Rocky Style