• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any reason why we haven't tried to schedule FSU

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

They already have us as competition for recruits so why not play us

No they don't have you not sene teh classes Florida and Florida State are pulling in. Rivals is calling Florida's recruiting class the best ever.

I don't want to play Florida and Florida State at home. In case you guys haven't noticed there are a HELL of a lot more FSU/UF fans than USF fans. We have about 15,000 season tix (many which are FSU/Florida fans who are corp sponsors) The stadium would be all fans of the other teams. Florida fans have bought most of the Outback bowl tix. Would you really want that in the home stadium?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

always a compliment when they won't play you.  Spurrier use to do the same thing.  Said he garned no benefit from play a team that even had a remote chance of upsetting the gators.  Said he got more then enough credibility to play for a national title by running the table in the SEC and beating Florida State.

All the more reason why football needs a playoff.  If strenth of schedule was weighed..... Folks like Texas wouldn't get away with their chickens **** schedule.  USC will make them pay.

I guess a road win @ ohio state isnt good enough for you?  USC played Fresno and ND as their only halfway decent OOC.

It's not Texas' fault that OU fell about 20000 feet this season, and that TAMU didn't live up to expectations.  All they did was win all their games, too.

USC should be favored, but really how can you even begin to criticize an OOC that includes 2 scrubs and one VERY VERY hard road trip?  That's as good as most other schedules out there...and only slightly easier than USC's.

Chicken S!$# schedule my !@#.  The ONLY other team in the country that would have run the table with that schedule is USC!  Which is why they're playing for the NC.

Guest S.  Bien

No they don't have you not sene teh classes Florida and Florida State are pulling in. Rivals is calling Florida's recruiting class the best ever.

I don't want to play Florida and Florida State at home. In case you guys haven't noticed there are a HELL of a lot more FSU/UF fans than USF fans. We have about 15,000 season tix (many which are FSU/Florida fans who are corp sponsors) The stadium would be all fans of the other teams. Florida fans have bought most of the Outback bowl tix. Would you really want that in the home stadium?

It would be easy for us to pull in that type of class to if everytime they got a verbal the kids jump a notch or two, or get a star added to their name.  I can give about 6 examples of UF's class that has kids pumped up for self-serving gratification.  UF's got some real studs in that class, but there's quite a few in USF's class that would give some of those guys a run for their money.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

S. Bien, I usually agree with you. But Guys like Tebow, Harvin, Fayson, Carl Johnson have been pumped since 2004. USF has a nice class, but those guys are just sick.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If strenth of schedule was weighed..... Folks like Texas wouldn't get away with their chickens **** schedule.

I wouldn't say that Texas played a weak OOC schedule this year. They went to Ohio State. There are a ton of teams who play a "chicken ****" OOC schedule, Texas shouldn't be considered one this year.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Look at Texas Tech's schedule.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

sk-one did you go to school in ft myers.  thats where im from

Rezz, no I went to school in Tampa (King High School) and after several years and a couple degrees eventually ended up down here.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i made sure i got my degree at USF so i could never go back to ft myers.  how did you go backwards?

After my Math degree from USF, Law Degree from Boston University, and 3 years into my career I ended up here.  The place is absolutely booming and is looking less and less like the truckstop between Tampa and Miami I thought it was.  Having said that, this is not a great place for single professionals, fortunately I took care of that before I moved here.