• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1-3 Bryant Knocks off #10 FAU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  766
  • Days Won:  2

Bryant upset #10 FAU 61-52 to earn their first ever win over a top 25 team. What gives? Like our last game, FAU, a very good shooting team could not buy a basket. They shot 26% from the field, including 5-30 (17%) from deep, and 65% at the FT line. This same roster averaged 47% from the field, including 37% from deep last year.

Bryant's tallest player in their starting lineup was 6'8". FAU's center is 7'1". If you are having a bad night shooting, why not take advantage of a size advantage and feed the big guy? Goldin had just 7 points on 7 shots, playing just 22 minutes. Perhaps his 4 fouls were a factor. But this is an example of why I would take advantage of the huge size mismatch, especially if there is an off night shooting the ball.

What will be our solution when faced with this situation again?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I watched that game just to see FAU.  Saw them in the tournament last year but am still only a curious onlooker not a believer in anything real going on there.  F in FAU looked like Fluky or Fraudulent yesterday.  

Depends on the depth of the coaching.  How was "Dunk City" ever established?  That city wouldn't survive in the era of simplicity.  Shoot threes and hope they go in.  If they don't, dammit, it wasn't our night.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,022
  • Days Won:  10

lets win today, and then beat FAU later in the season. If Bryant can do it ( i don't know if I have ever heard of them), we can as well

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  766
  • Days Won:  2

24 minutes ago, Brad said:

I watched that game just to see FAU.  Saw them in the tournament last year but am still only a curious onlooker not a believer in anything real going on there.  F in FAU looked like Fluky or Fraudulent yesterday.  

Depends on the depth of the coaching.  How was "Dunk City" ever established?  That city wouldn't survive in the era of simplicity.  Shoot threes and hope they go in.  If they don't, dammit, it wasn't our night.

I am not sure I understand your reference to Dunk City. Are you confusing Florida Gulf Coast University with FAU?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

No, I was just being funny, unsuccessfully.  Yes it was FGCU with Dunk City.  But that is out of style now, a victim of the simplicity of firing up 35 threes and a prayer.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,524
  • Days Won:  422

11 hours ago, Brad said:

They beat Loyola-Chicago 75-62 in their opener so maybe we'll get a little transitive taste when we play Loyola in mid December ....