• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball win total this year?

Basketball win total this year?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  779
  • Days Won:  2

28 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

3 and D is the name of the game now.

if we can do both better than we should see more success.

look at FAU's roster. It's built on shooters.

37% from 3 and 72% from line

28th in team defensive efficiency

Hey Bull94,

I mentioned this aspect of FAU previously. They are a small team, with only their center being taller than 6'4. As you said, the other starting 4 players can shoot it with the best of them. And this is why I am predicting an upset of FAU. We match up well with them when it comes to shooting, but we are taller.

48 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Wait until we blow our Edward Waters tomorrow ... probably change to an undefeated prediction 😂

If we are still undefeated after the FAU game, I just might.

I think that the women's team has a good chance of finishing the regular season undefeated.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

11 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

I think that the women's team has a good chance of finishing the regular season undefeated.

What is a good chance in your opinion?  10% chance? 50% chance?  Watching practice the other day I would be on the lower end of the scale. And I know you watch a lot of highlights and you think the JUCO trf will be all world. She's really, really thin and don't remember a rebound in the time I watched of the scrimmage. Carla and Dani will see more time on the floor than her. And, again, just a short time watching, Dani made more 3s than anyone else on the team.  Sami was not out there however. The girl from Israel is legit and will be a big addition.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

36 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Hey Bull94,

I mentioned this aspect of FAU previously. They are a small team, with only their center being taller than 6'4. As you said, the other starting 4 players can shoot it with the best of them. And this is why I am predicting an upset of FAU. We match up well with them when it comes to shooting, but we are taller.

yea I think it's a different game now. protect the rim and knock down 3's. I'm excited to see the new style.

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

What is a good chance in your opinion?  10% chance? 50% chance?  Watching practice the other day I would be on the lower end of the scale. And I know you watch a lot of highlights and you think the JUCO trf will be all world. She's really, really thin and don't remember a rebound in the time I watched of the scrimmage. Carla and Dani will see more time on the floor than her. And, again, just a short time watching, Dani made more 3s than anyone else on the team.  Sami was not out there however. The girl from Israel is legit and will be a big addition.

Actually, I don't think Mputu is all world. My guess was that she will see most of her action subbing for Emma. If so, that alone would probably result in Carla and Dani seeing more time. I am more impressed with Evelien and Romi. It is those two, more than any other, that I think will drive the success this year. I think those two and an improved Sammie and Emma will be hard to beat. And I think that Emma could develop into a special player who could see success in the WNBA. From the presser, it seems as if Sammie has improved her game, which would be awesome.

33 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So you think Romi is legit? I told you to watch those clips of her because I could see she was legit.

Also, I don't just watch highlights; I also watch games because it allows me to see the bad parts of a player's game. For example, I have already seen about 5 games of next year's recruit, Amy Thompson. This is how I know what her weaknesses are. She is as good as anyone in hitting the 3 and handling the ball. She is as good as anyone in creating separation to get her shot off. Her weakness is taking the ball to the hoop and finishing. Unless she has already improved this part of her game, she is not very good at this. If she can become as good as Tsineke was in going to the hoop, she would become and all-American easily.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

So you think Romi is legit?

She looked like she is going to fit right in. Hard to describe but maybe "basketball smarts"?  Looked like she was well coached in the past.