• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, 00Bull said:

Is USF doing anything to create a vibe for the students today? Does not seem like anything should preclude them from offering a better game day experience while at Ray Jay. 

]hired an offensive minded coach, winning some games, building an OCS

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

38 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Winning and playing good teams will go a long way.

Well outside of our out of conference opponents we won’t be playing good teams so that is why I’m curious if USF is putting any effort into creating a better fan experience today. We tailgate in the lot north of the stadium (lot 2 I believe), next to the student section, so not sure if there are activities occurring in other areas around the stadium.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

15 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Well outside of our out of conference opponents we won’t be playing good teams so that is why I’m curious if USF is putting any effort into creating a better fan experience today. We tailgate in the lot north of the stadium (lot 2 I believe), next to the student section, so not sure if there are activities occurring in other areas around the stadium.

I remember them having concerts occasionally but quite a few years ago. We moved from Lot 3 about 8 - 10 years ago.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  399

1 hour ago, 00Bull said:

Is USF doing anything to create a vibe for the students today? Does not seem like anything should preclude them from offering a better game day experience while at Ray Jay. 

Need the soflo rodeo for football games too, would be cool

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  121

What in the world happened with the students this weekend?  I get a huge drop-off cause of FAU result and noon kick-off...but that was crazy...was there a technical issue requesting tickets?  Kids go home for Thanksgiving holiday already?  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, Chardizard said:

What in the world happened with the students this weekend?  I get a huge drop-off cause of FAU result and noon kick-off...but that was crazy...was there a technical issue requesting tickets?  Kids go home for Thanksgiving holiday already?  

im just going to venture a guess that getting our teeth absolutely kicked in by FAU at the last home game in front of a packed crowd didn't exactly motivate the masses to come down to watch us play Temple at noon. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

2 minutes ago, Chardizard said:

A few excuses (from the perspective of an old guy):

• We lost to Memphis last week.
  • We got blown out at the last home game (homecoming) by FAU.
  • Who the F is Temple?
  • Many students are too lazy to get up early (noon game).
  • Many students are too lazy to stand in the hot sun.
  • There were P5 games on that were more interesting to them.
  • There were many more students there than it looked like, but most of them were in the shade or in the club area.

I think the 2nd one listed above is the biggest reason for the drop off.  Every once in a while, the students really show up and impress like they did for FAU...but they are always let down.  I truly believe that stringing some home wins together would keep them coming back.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

7 minutes ago, hm101 said:

im just going to venture a guess that getting our teeth absolutely kicked in by FAU at the last home game in front of a packed crowd didn't exactly motivate the masses to come down to watch us play Temple at noon. 

I posted something similar right after you...you beat me to it.  But yes, I think it really is that simple.

Edited by MaltLiquorBull

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  121

6 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I posted something similar right after you...you beat me to it.  But yes, I think it really is that simple.

Yeah, I was hoping that wasn't the case haha...but I think youre on to something...that was a BRUTAL loss to take in

I think all the other factors you listed did play a part (thinking back now even the concourses were kind of full at times), but FAU game might be the number 1 reason...if we took a close loss rather than a blowout we prob get a larger portion to come back...

Unless we pull of a miracle against UTSA, we need them there in last game of season

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

18 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

A few excuses (from the perspective of an old guy):

• We lost to Memphis last week.
  • We got blown out at the last home game (homecoming) by FAU.
  • Who the F is Temple?
  • Many students are too lazy to get up early (noon game).
  • Many students are too lazy to stand in the hot sun.
  • There were P5 games on that were more interesting to them.
  • There were many more students there than it looked like, but most of them were in the shade or in the club area.

I think the 2nd one listed above is the biggest reason for the drop off.  Every once in a while, the students really show up and impress like they did for FAU...but they are always let down.  I truly believe that stringing some home wins together would keep them coming back.

Temple is Bill Cosby's alma mater.   

Oh wait, the young Twitter/X crowd canceled Cosby.   Never mind.  

• Haha 2