• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on the onside kick by FAU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

It must have been on the radio call that I heard 'em declare that it's "personal" for Tom Herman and FAU.  It's generally thought of as bad sportsmanship to run up the score.  I think CAG said he didn't have a problem with it after the game.  I was really angry at the time.  Still irritated if I'm truthful.  However, maybe it will light a fire in our guys and snap us out of whatever funk has taken over.   And I was thinking back to CWT and how he used to hammer our competition even when we were up comfortably.  Being on that side of it was fine.  

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  692
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

It must have been on the radio call that I heard 'em declare that it's "personal" for Tom Herman and FAU.  It's generally thought of as bad sportsmanship to run up the score.  I think CAG said he didn't have a problem with it after the game.  I was really angry at the time.  Still irritated if I'm truthful.  However, maybe it will light a fire in our guys and snap us out of whatever funk has taken over.   And I was thinking back to CWT and how he used to hammer our competition even when we were up comfortably.  Being on that side of it was fine.  

They wanted it more. Their players played with passion. I was at the game and was thinking about how aggressive FAU was playing. Even those really dirty targeting penalties, absolutely dirty. But you know what I get it. Those kids were playing with hunger so your emotions especially at that age will get the best out of you when tackling someone.

You can tell it was personal. They checked a very important box. LOOK BETTER than your instate in conference rival. I think what they did yesterday and making it personal is going to play dividends like it did for ovideo.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, 350_BULL said:

They wanted it more. Their players played with passion. I was at the game and was thinking about how aggressive FAU was playing. Even those really dirty targeting penalties, absolutely dirty. But you know what I get it. Those kids were playing with hunger so your emotions especially at that age will get the best out of you when tackling someone.

You can tell it was personal. They checked a very important box. LOOK BETTER than your instate in conference rival. I think what they did yesterday and making it personal is going to play dividends like it did for ovideo.

Having your MBB reach the final four doesn't hurt either.  We will soon be in their Riverview mirror.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  692
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Having your MBB reach the final four doesn't hurt either.  We will soon be in their Riverview mirror.

It's not to early to start drinking?

Sad Happy Hour GIF

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

College football alignment is a zero sum game, every opportunity you have to separate yourselves from the G5 you should capitalize on fully. Be mad at the people that have us in the position to be run up on in the aac by conference USA teams with first year coaches in the homecoming game and not the people actually making an effort to make the most of their opportunities. If they had a way to hang 100 on us they should have and if we have a problem with it we should try to stop them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

50 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Willie didn't like to stop scoring but don't recall him with an onside kick up that much. There's probably a back story there somewhere other than Herman just being a **** ....... one of the good things Seth left us was the saying ""Sometimes you're the dog. Sometimes you're the tree. Tonight, we were the tree." We've definitely had a lot of practice with that ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

I missed it. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,626
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:

I think it is smart when you are the underdog and destroying a team you were supposed to lose to. Have fun and score as many  style points as you can. I dont know why we didn't do an outside kick before halftime when it was 21-14 with less than 40 seconds left. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

I missed it. 

Me, too ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,626
  • Days Won:  25

40 minutes ago, puc86 said:

College football alignment is a zero sum game, every opportunity you have to separate yourselves from the G5 you should capitalize on fully. Be mad at the people that have us in the position to be run up on in the aac by conference USA teams with first year coaches in the homecoming game and not the people actually making an effort to make the most of their opportunities. If they had a way to hang 100 on us they should have and if we have a problem with it we should try to stop them.

We need to send some scouts to fcs teams and see if we can compete with them.

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

I missed it. 

Good news is most of the fan base missed it and AD MK is driving super fans away from USF Football like Faza.