• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can everyone calm down?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not going ape **** crazy after a loss doesn't mean I don't care about the outcome ..... not constantly whining about where we are conference-wise doesn't mean I don't want the program to be in a better one. You're constantly mistaking serenity for apathy ....

Lot of hyperbole in there.  Well done.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

"Reality based" .... We as fans don't have any responsibility or say in the outcome of games.

5 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

So if fans/donors stopped contributing to USF athletics, do you think the AD would still be around to make the coaching decisions?

Yeah, I knew I should have clarified that better. I was more referring fans overall in the outcome on a game to game basis, if that makes sense. Seems like some think if you're not heading to the Skyway after a loss like that you're part of the problem, which is ludicrous ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, Brad said:

I sometimes think the problem is we are way too calm.  Like I see the usual chirpers saying USF is going to be fine, we’re gonna be OK,  nothing to see here, we’re gonna be fine, we’re gonna be OK.   

Ostrich Avestruz GIF by Amnistía Internacional España

It won’t resolve itself.

We are getting a bit ahead of ourselves with CAG. He’s only been around a half a year, but people have suffered through like five or six years of very bad football, bad decisions.  

I get concerned with this notion that we should all be OK with being repeat losers because I think when you’re calm about it, that’s probably the second to last phase before you just separate from USF Football completely - as many have.  

CAG knows.  Winners win.  Winners are not fine with the losing and they don’t make excuses for it.

I watched CAG's post-game conference on YouTube last night, and he did not make excuses for the loss.   He freely admitted they did a horrible job.
What I do not understand is why USF did a live broadcast of the press conference and showed an empty podium for 20 minutes.   That was almost a parallel of the team not showing up for this game.

I think the close game with Alabama and the wins against Rice and Navy had everyone thinking AAC championship and a decent bowl game.   The talent on this team is still suspect and there is still the stench left over from CCS and CJS.   CAG will just have to work harder to eradicate that loser mentality from the team.   They had a chance to take back the game in the second half and the completely blew it.

Let's not forget on October 16, 2004 USF lost their Homecoming game to Army 🤮 and finished the season 4 - 7 (3 - 5 in CUSA).   Even the "legendary" coaches have a bad day and a bad season.

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Lot of hyperbole in there.  Well done.  

I learned from the best .... thanks.

Edited by Triple B

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Cbs Tag GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Cbs Tag GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

image.gif.0d3f4734b57f0019ffb40e3f0869f2a1.gif

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, 00Bull said:

It’s really amazing how seemingly every other team is on the rise except USF. Former peers on the rise leaving the AAC behind, former underlings on the rise beating USF at its Homecoming by 42.

There are no valid excuses for the last two weeks. Something is absolutely rotten in the athletics department. 

Yeah thats what is very woresome how is this team coming out so flat and unprepared these past two games.....Golesh already losing some of this team?    Thats like 3 games in a row we spot teams 14 points to start games.    

This program has some serious rot and it starts at the top Kelly has to go but we know that won't happen. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

4 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

We lack talent definitely but not sold on the OC and DC we have. Seen little to no adjustments made these last games. Effort is definitely worse these last 2 games which is very troubling. 

The offense or lack of one in first half is a big part of why this team has sucked...ultra fast 3 and outs will kill any defense. 

I think most people's frustration isn't Golesh but Kelly in hiring not an established HC but another first time hc. So we gotta go thru this all over again with a new coach.

Meanwhile FAU is pulling away from USF.

isnt the oc also the head coach

when we have been bad this long there should be no relaxing

with the transfer portal you can turn things around in one year

we shouldnt be this bad in every aspect of the game

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

4 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Talent is not where we need to be but all this on talent is a cop out. Coaching is definitely not where it needs to be these games should be atleast competitive not over by halftime.  

talent is sub par

coaching is sub par

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yeah thats what is very woresome how is this team coming out so flat and unprepared these past two games.....Golesh already losing some of this team?    Thats like 3 games in a row we spot teams 14 points to start games.    

This program has some serious rot and it starts at the top Kelly has to go but we know that won't happen. 

Been wondering about this myself. Mentioned to someone during the UAB game that the defense looked like they had mailed it in. Then the following week a repeat performance against another sub 500 team? It would provide an explanation for what seems inexplicable.