• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can everyone calm down?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

31 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

FAU has been slowly and quietly building their program over the years.    They did one thing USF has been dragging its feet on until recently; they built an OCS.   Maybe if USF had to suffer playing games in an old dump like Lockhart Stadium then we would have built an OCS years ago.

FAU was not a scrub team just because they came from CUSA.   There was probably a reason the AAC invited FAU, and I doubt it was just the sunny beaches at Boca Raton.  

I did not like losing to them, but I would not call them a "glorified community college" team.  

Their coach the previous years was Willie and we know what his forte is. They had won 12 FBS games the last 3 years to our 1. Coaching definitely played a part yesterday but as people so often do on the board, their indignation is based on where  they think we should be rather than where we actually are ........ Them winning shouldn't be that big of a shock, the 42 point margin should be, though.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Perhaps people were looking at the games FAU played this year and not those under Willie.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

It’s really amazing how seemingly every other team is on the rise except USF. Former peers on the rise leaving the AAC behind, former underlings on the rise beating USF at its Homecoming by 42.

There are no valid excuses for the last two weeks. Something is absolutely rotten in the athletics department. 

Edited by 00Bull

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Their coach the previous years was Willie and we know what his forte is. They had won 12 FBS games the last 3 years to our 1. Coaching definitely played a part yesterday but as people so often do on the board, their indignation is based on where  they think we should be rather than where we actually are ........ Them winning shouldn't be that big of a shock, the 42 point margin should be, though.

Those are called “expectations” and people who haven’t given up, usually have them.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

There are no valid excuses for the last two weeks. Something is absolutely rotten in the athletics department. 

Exactly, I think most of us can deal with close/competitive losses, but these past two blowouts are concerning. 

Edited by Bull Nut

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

Perhaps people were looking at the games FAU played this year and not those under Willie.  

Myopic ....

• Haha 1

I sometimes think the problem is we are way too calm.  Like I see the usual chirpers saying USF is going to be fine, we’re gonna be OK,  nothing to see here, we’re gonna be fine, we’re gonna be OK.   

Ostrich Avestruz GIF by Amnistía Internacional España

It won’t resolve itself.

We are getting a bit ahead of ourselves with CAG. He’s only been around a half a year, but people have suffered through like five or six years of very bad football, bad decisions.  

I get concerned with this notion that we should all be OK with being repeat losers because I think when you’re calm about it, that’s probably the second to last phase before you just separate from USF Football completely - as many have.  

CAG knows.  Winners win.  Winners are not fine with the losing and they don’t make excuses for it.

• Go Bulls! 3

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

I sometimes think the problem is we are way too calm.  Like I see the usual chirpers saying USF is going to be fine, we’re gonna be OK,  nothing to see here, we’re gonna be fine, we’re gonna be OK.   

Ostrich Avestruz GIF by Amnistía Internacional España

It won’t resolve itself.

We are getting a bit ahead of ourselves with CAG. He’s only been around a half a year, but people have suffered through like five or six years of very bad football, bad decisions.  

I get concerned with this notion that we should all be OK with being repeat losers because I think when you’re calm about it, that’s probably the second to last phase before you just separate from USF Football completely - as many have.  

CAG knows.  Winners win.  Winners are not fine with the losing.

Not one of those "everything's going to be fine" folks but also know that we, as fans, aren't resolving anything ..... and completely agree with being ahead of ourselves with CAG, who IS tasked with resolving things.

As a fan, there's nothing wrong about being calm, going ape**** crazy or anywhere in between after a loss like that. It's a personal preference as a fan but it also has nothing to do with "Winners are not fine with losing" either. That's up to the players to handle because they're also the ones tasked with resolving things.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

My expectations and reactions do not affect the outcome of the games, thank God.  I'm disappointed but he is only six games in.  I don't know if all will be OK, nothing to see here, but darn, he's just started.  I'm more patient than that.

There’s probably a psychological term, you know, like separation personality that allows people to follow something or be engaged in something, but have no responsibility or no say in it, which makes no sense to me.  But it clearly exists for some.

Edit:  I was hoping you’d show up @Grateful Dad   Lol.