• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

C. Ingram?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

He did play at Hawthorne, my fault, my friend was a volunteer assistant at Hawthorne until taking a paid position at Palatka in 2004. (the schools are about 25 miles from each other.

Simple fact put, Ingram would be transferring if he wasn't satisfied with his position on the team.

Most of you do not know what is going through these kids heads when making the decision of what school to go to. They get phone calls, text messages, IMs, Emails at all hours of teh day while attending high school. There is a lot of thought behind that decision and usually made under a lot of stress.

Ingram was a Gator fan in high school, and wanted to go to UF, however, he considered many other schools to give him the best shot to get to the next level (football or basketball, he has since decided to focus on football.) His skills have shown that his best chance of getting to th enext level is at the TE position because his arm (mechanics, power, etc. he was an option QB in high school, didn't throw much) In fact USF and Florida were the only two schools giving him an opportunity to play the

QB position. FSU wanted him as a WR and UGA as a TE.

My whole point is don't go telling a kid he made a wrong decision or criticise a decision on the merit that you believe he didn't help himself, these guys put there whole life into this decision and do what they feel is right.

(PS- if you want to say I wish he would have come to USF thats fine. But don't go saying how he made a mistake, etc.)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Pres. Bush did what he "felt" was right by invading Iraq.

If the Pres. can make a mistake based on feelings, so can high school sports stars. Just like Bush, Ingram relied on bad intelligence/information that led him into a less than desireable situation.

Bully,

Thats a horrible analogy. How do you know it's less than desirable situation for CI? If it was he can change schools, but he's not. Obviously it doesn't constitute less than diserable situation.

He was recruited as an ATHLETE, meaning he knew he could but put somewhere else.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

Bully,

Thats a horrible analogy. How do you know it's less than desirable situation for CI? If it was he can change schools, but he's not. Obviously it doesn't constitute less than diserable situation.

He was recruited as an ATHLETE, meaning he knew he could but put somewhere else.

I thought he was recruited as a QB?  Most QB's by default could be considered an ATHLETE.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Doesn't matter!  You'll never hear of the guy again!  He made a mistake, sometimes mistakes are never overcome.  (see JR Reed and a fence or my paralyzed friend and a pool bottom.)

It's a harsh reality of life sometimes (not to say Ingram's prob is on the same level as the other two examples!)

Not so sure he made a mistake. This has all the markings of the Denson situation. Ingram obviously didn't turn out to be the college qb everyone thought. He was beaten out as a backup by a true freshman. Maybe it was a blessing he didn't come here in that it could have affected Hill or Grothe signing ....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Whether it was a mistake, the fact is, he chose a big time program where he's just another notch in UF's bedpost instead of going where he COULD'VE been a star.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Right now Ingram is projected to NOTHING in the NFL draft, comensurate with his level of play at the college level.  To suggest otherwise is hilarious. ::)

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

C. Ingram you made a mistake!   There I said it I don't care if he is a kid or not!  He would have been given a better shot at our school then he got there.  We recruited an athlete named C. Hill and he played this year...  UF has players recruited to play certain positions and now ingram is converting to another spot (TE)?  He will not see the field...  Oh and by the way if R-Mac had him he would also be playing bball more here... Yes he made a mistake for taking the BS fla coaches told him about bball and fball possibilities, its okay to make mistakes that's how we learn....

Mike I should have been more clear, it's his best chance to GET to the next level.