• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

πŸŽ‰ Will Weatherford Day πŸŽ‰

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

How has that worked out for anyone that hasnt built a house or bought a house in thr past 10 years? **** isn't getting cheaper ever. I bought my house at a "high" interest rate and refinanced when it dropped. Hell i hear the old falks laughing at us about what we think are high interest rates. Sorry man, this part of your post makes no **** sense.

This is bubble level and plenty of people that bought on that bubble lost their houses. When you buy something way above market there is no refinancing in your your future. High price and low interest you may ride it out, low price and high interest sure refinance after a few years but buying both high is never a great plan and housing drops all of the time despite how it’s marketed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

19 minutes ago, puc86 said:

This is bubble level and plenty of people that bought on that bubble lost their houses. When you buy something way above market there is no refinancing in your your future. High price and low interest you may ride it out, low price and high interest sure refinance after a few years but buying both high is never a great plan and housing drops all of the time despite how it’s marketed.

Right... i got all that but doubtful your going to have an 08 style crash. So you wait around not buying for years hoping this bubble bursts? I thought i couldn't afford my place in 2018. If i didnt buy it then I'd be ****** now. I have no idea how these young folks will ever buy anything in florida.

So, we could build now or wait and that **** will still get more expensive πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Β 

Edited by Sk00b
florida is silly. im about ready to move on

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

They are geniuses….

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Did we make an offer? FSU gave SMU the same vote you fear they would have given usΒ 

It's reasonable to assume Miami does not want 3 Florida schools in the ACC at once, and would have voted 'no'.

Now here's the thing.Β  I absolutely agree the stadium is risky and an opportunity cost.Β  In the past, you've alluded to the possibility that we maybe couldn't

-make the same SMU/ACC deal because of it

-or couldn't pay the right coaches or players

But that'sΒ alllll speculation.Β  For all we bullspen members know, Michael Kelly did make the same concessions as SMU and Miami said no.

For all we know we offered Prime just as much (or more) than Colorado he said no.Β  Hell maybe even Herman turned us down and picked FAU.

Here's some things we do know:

1) The BOG would not sign off on a loan for 200 million so USF could launder money through NIL.Β  So any discussion of 'we should have spent the money to buy good players' is irrelevant unless you have a specific, legal path for USF to do it.Β  In which case please email Michal Kelly immediately.

2) FAU has more facilities than us and a better football (and basketball record) over us the past few years.Β  They did that in CUSA and are now moving up.

Hmmm, a Florida school with better facilities, being elevated from CUSA to USF's conference...where have I seen this play out before?Β  Oh right UCF.Β Β 

So if you let FAU attract better recruits the next 5 years, who do you think the ACC will be calling up when FSU and Clemson finally do leave?

15 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Right... i got all that but doubtful your going to have an 08 style crash. So you wait around not buying for years hoping this bubble bursts? I thought i couldn't afford my place in 2018. If i didnt buy it then I'd be ****** now. I have no idea how these young folks will ever buy anything in florida.

So, we could build now or wait and that **** will still get more expensive πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Β 

I think you need to consider many factors, none of which should be how does it make you feel. We have a suitable rental option, costs are high, interest is high and our position is unstable. There is no variable that is positive at the moment and some time could do us good especially if there are more stabilizing ways people are using their investments in our sector.Β 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think you need to consider many factors, none of which should be how does it make you feel. We have a suitable rental option, costs are high, interest is high and our position is unstable. There is no variable that is positive at the moment and some time could do us good especially if there are more stabilizing ways people are using their investments in our sector.Β 

No feelings attached i just don't think circumstances are going to magically get better. Just like they haven't gotten better when we should have built and OCS in the 2000s. We could have built it in 2006, suffered the market crash of 08 and still come out better than trying to build it now. All I'm saying is we build it now or keep the same cycle going of paying more and more....just build the **** thing and kick ourselves in the ass for not doing it 15 years ago.

1 minute ago, Ghostbuster said:

It's reasonable to assume Miami does not want 3 Florida schools in the ACC at once, and would have voted 'no'.

Now here's the thing.Β  I absolutely agree the stadium is risky and an opportunity cost.Β  In the past, you've alluded to the possibility that we maybe couldn't

-make the same SMU/ACC deal because of it

-or couldn't pay the right coaches or players

But that'sΒ alllll speculation.Β  For all we bullspen members know, Michael Kelly did make the same concessions as SMU and Miami said no.

For all we know we offered Prime just as much (or more) than Colorado he said no.Β  Hell maybe even Herman turned us down and picked FAU.

Here's some things we do know:

1) The BOG would not sign off on a loan for 200 million so USF could launder money through NIL.Β  So any discussion of 'we should have spent the money to buy good players' is irrelevant unless you have a specific, legal path for USF to do it.Β  In which case please email Michal Kelly immediately.

2) FAU has more facilities than us and a better football (and basketball record) over us the past few years.Β  They did that in CUSA and are now moving up.

Hmmm, a Florida school with better facilities, being elevated from CUSA to USF's conference...where have I seen this play out before?Β  Oh right UCF.Β Β 

So if you let FAU attract better recruits the next 5 years, who do you think the ACC will be calling up when FSU and Clemson finally do leave?

I conceded Miami right after the hard FSU no, the swing vote in this instance then becomes UNC that claimed to be fine with expansion but wanting something closer and well that’s the one thing we got.Β 

I have seen plenty of details on how many programs are willing to whore themselves out for conferences and Primes but in the rare instance I’ve seen anything on us it’s mostly about how I would do anything for relevance but I won’t do that.Β 
Β 

If you have anything showing we didn’t laugh at the foolishness of people giving to much for things that seem to be working and actually offered them more I would love to see it.

For skirting nil and diverting money it’s not my job and I’ve not invested much time on it but a simple first path would be most stadiums contract out their concessions to private companies for a commission on the sales. To my knowledge there is no limit on the amounts you are able to cost yourself in giving up the commissions. Extrapolate that to everything including ticket sales and the company you contract just so happens to be a sister company of a NIL collective and it’s largest donor.Β 
Β 

NIL collectives auction off tickets all of the time, sell them every ticket for a dollar and have them auction off all of them.

The NCAA becomes more feckless everyday snd there are probably as many loopholes as you would like to find if you put the right team on it. If for some reason we end up guessing a little wrong and the NCAA decides this is the time they will do something what exactly are they going to do to us? Take away our bowl games? Ban us from championship contention? Make us stay in the aac for eternity?

And how do I know we can only afford to do one thing at a time? Because we always only do one thing at a time and then we say we can’t do the other things because we are doing this and yet it still drags on for years beyond when we anticipated it to end but I’m sure you have your reasons why you believe we were able to fund a free move while at the same time figuring out how exactly we are paying for the stadium and it’s fuzzy math projections.

Just now, Sk00b said:

No feelings attached i just don't think circumstances are going to magically get better. Just like they haven't gotten better when we should have built and OCS in the 2000s. We could have built it in 2006, suffered the market crash of 08 and still come out better than trying to build it now. All I'm saying is we build it now or keep the same cycle going of paying more and more....just build the **** thing and kick ourselves in the ass for not doing it 15 years ago.

They won’t magically get better you have to look at the situation you are in and what is working for those around you and then do it harder and better. Building a stadium is a Brady Bunch Movie approach to conference advancement that has no baring in how anyone is becoming successful now but hey maybe someone thought it was swell 50 years ago.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

They won’t magically get better you have to look at the situation you are in and what is working for those around you and then do it harder and better. Building a stadium is a Brady Bunch Movie approach to conference advancement that has no baring in how anyone is becoming successful now but hey maybe someone thought it was swell 50 years ago.

USF can do it all…

6 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

USF can do it all…

Let’s just start with one then, get out of the aac. When we get to that one maybe we can try winning against a p6 team again. Let’s start with the important things of the all instead of trying to keep dragging it out with long projects that lead to nothing.