• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Associated Press: USF is building a $340M football stadium amid concerns academics are being left behind

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

parks and red sigh GIF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Some people in the community are saying "academics are being left behind".   Huh?   USF just joined the prestigious AAU.   They built a brand new medical school building downtown.   Most of the focus has been on academics for the past decade or longer.   Athletics has taken a back seat, hence the sorry state of the two major sports programs.   What are these people smoking?

There are complaints about USF almost shutting down the College of Education.  No disrespect to Education majors and graduates, but sometimes money talks and BS walks.  Does the College of Education have any wealthy benefactors?  Are there any famous graduates with deep pockets?   Education is an honorable profession, but it does not always lead to wealth.   They need more vocal support, and I do not mean people complaining on social media and protesting.   They need to get people in positions of power like on the board of regents or in the state congress.   That is how the College of Education will protect itself from further attempts to shutter that college.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

Yeah I agree that these articles and takes are bogus. Would be better suited to have article titled:

Well, it is about time that USF put more money into athletics with funding of an OCS! 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

I read the written version of this. It’s a terrible, terrible AP story, and it tells you how far the AP has fallen off when you thought they couldn’t fall off any further.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

I have not seen the written story.   I liked the quote from Coach and Richard Sobieray.

In response to the USF graduate in the middle of the video, then go become a professor and be the best professor that you can be.   Great educators do not grow on trees.   They come from people who are dedicated to their disciplines and their students.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, hightechbull said:

Does the College of Education have any wealthy benefactors?  Are there any famous graduates with deep pockets?   Education is an honorable profession, but it does not always lead to wealth.   

Dave Ramsey and his survey of millionaires would say otherwise. 

Edit - Agree with does not always lead to wealth. No profession always leads to wealth. That comes down to the individual and how they choose to live.  From the lowest of incomes to the “wealthy” incomes, people live a life full of debt and tend to live pay check to pay check. It’s the American way.

Edited by CycleBull

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569

Seriously, why do they hate Women's Lacrosse so much?  Don't they want nice things for them?

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  261

Look. I'm a USF grad from the college of Ed. I've been a teacher for almost 30 years. I'm not rich. I'm a season ticket holder and on auto renew. Even after the possible collapse of the college of Ed. I'm in full support of the new stadium. If it weren't for the professors back in the 90's, before the AAU, I wouldn't have been as successful as an educator that I am. The quality of education at USF is spot on and this article is nonsense. Done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1