• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  0

I'm interested in putting some money down on some games this bowl season, but I have no idea where to go or what to do? Anybody wanna give me a crash course?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

I used  http://www.bodog.com two years ago for betting on the NFL.  The site is reliable and I always got my money without much hassle.  They have a very comprehensive FAQ so just spend a good hour reading through it.  If you have a Citi credit card use their Virtual Account Number feature to protect your information:

http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/tour/cb/shp_van.htm

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if you bet against the bulls

don't post it here

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

I was actually thinking about putting a nice bet on the UCF game after I do a bit of research. I remember someone saying on here the line was 2 points.

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

Not to discourage you from betting on sports, but cmon man, nobody wins in the long run when it comes to sports gambling -- except the bookie.

Risking 105 to make 100 is about the stupidist risk management you could do. Why would you risk more than your potential payoff? 1 - 1 bets are terrible. Your better off using the $3000 you are going to lose (gambling is addictive, and you will try to dig yourself out of a hole, all the while making things worse) and investing it in the stock market. Do some research on some stocks and invest wisely. It will be more satisfying, trust me.

Pissing away money gambling on sports is worse than a drug habit -- At least drugs numb the pain.

And on a bowl game? Two teams that never meet? You want to lay down money on that? Please rethink...

Rueben~ Manages money if you can't tell. You will notice him in here more often in December as he pulls his chips off the table to protect his gains.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

sportsinteraction.com

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Your better off using the $3000 you are going to lose (gambling is addictive, and you will try to dig yourself out of a hole, all the while making things worse) and investing it in the stock market.

Guess you don't know how my stock market experience has been?

Also wouldn't want to try to tell that to people who bought into the largest energy company in the world (Enron) or Global Crossing, or Lucent Technologies, or Kmart, , or, or, etc.

You never know what some crook CEO will do to make another $200 mil?  At least a team is usually going to try to win.  Unless it's the black sox.

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

Guess you don't know how my stock market experience has been?

Also wouldn't want to try to tell that to people who bought into the largest energy company in the world (Enron) or Global Crossing, or Lucent Technologies, or, or, or, etc.

- If you couldn't make money in the stock market, what makes you think you will make money betting on sports? Sounds like bad risk management was your problem.

Real simple -- You bet on the Bucs game. They are 7 point underdogs. You take the Bucs. First qtr, they are down by 7, second qtr they are down by 21. What are you options? Nothing. You are most likely going to lose everything you wagered. In the stock market you have the luxury of selling at anytime during the game -- you can even add to your bet mid-game. Thus, you can cut your losses and add to your gains -- Now which one makes more sense? I report, you decide.

Rueben

P.S. Lucent wasn't a fraud, it was a bad company, it is the investors responsibility to avoid bad companies. It doesn't take a genius to realize a company that could fill Lake Ontario with excess inventory isn't a wise investment.

Guest Bull_94

- If you couldn't make money in the stock market, what makes you think you will make money betting on sports? Sounds like bad risk management was your problem.

Real simple -- You bet on the Bucs game. They are 7 point underdogs. You take the Bucs. First qtr, they are down by 7, second qtr they are down by 21. What are you options? Nothing. You are most likely going to lose everything you wagered. In the stock market you have the luxury of selling at anytime during the game -- you can even add to your bet mid-game. Thus, you can cut your losses and add to your gains -- Now which one makes more sense? I report, you decide.

Rueben

P.S. Lucent wasn't a fraud, it was a bad company, it is the investors responsibility to avoid bad companies. It doesn't take a genius to realize a company that could fill Lake Ontario with excess inventory isn't a wise investment.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, Rueben. I totally agree with you!!

I never gamble myself but this site is pretty cool. You can trade during the games, politcal events etc. If the Bucs were losing at the half, you could cut your losses (or add to your gains).

Right now USF to win is bid 30 ask 33. You could pay .33 to win a dollar (including your .33 back).

If we are winning at the half (or anytime during the game) the price will increase and you can cash out gains(won't be the full dollar but as we get closer to finish price approaches a dollar). This means they are giving us a 33% chance of winning the game outright. I know nothing about the reliability of this site though.

http://www.tradesports.com/aav2/trading/tradingHTML.jsp?evID=39881&eventSelect=39881&updateList=true&showExpired=false