• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ok! I can will say it. USF still can’t find a coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

10 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I don't think there is. We have gotten consistently worse under AD MK in football. His extension for all program was a colossus failure except for himself getting more money and years.  SMU's AD out maneuvered the whole AAC by getting out of the AAC without winning a ny6 game game or conference championship in the AAC.  I really don't see any plusses to keeping him here. I would love to be proven wrong, but time and time again he fails USF Football.

Official - QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then ...

smu must have paid millions under the table to get voted in

deion demonstrated you can rebuild in one year

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

8 hours ago, DontPushMe said:

Bunch of people making excuses. Golesh filled his pants today. He's not the guy at all. Played a service academy offense and despite being gifted a lead couldn't even cover. You can tell when someone has it and when they don't. He doesn't. Look how quickly prime time turned around Colorado. That's the impact we need. Fire him today and start the next search. Maybe gruden is interested. Or Leavitt. 

gruden

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Helton the WKU coach his first game was a loss vs a FCS team and he was an OC at Tennessee.  But he got them bowling in year 1.

Nobody expected us to win vs WKU on the road but with all the mistakes we had a good chance to be tied late in the 4th. 

Let's see how they rebound vs Famu this week. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

12 hours ago, 94 Bull said:

Agreed but I sure we would all take Taggart back over this. 

Taggart got historically blown out by an FCS team in his first game ....

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

Im not giving up on this season yet. Just get upset seeing USF losing too many games. I’m hoping USF is 3-2 after the Navy game. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  779

14 hours ago, TheUpperHand said:

I’m pretty sure CJL had the same criticism. He moved players outside of their position to suit his needs. George Selvie was a center in HS and turned into a **** good DE. The Grothe days were derided as sandlot ball…it wasn’t pretty but the job got done.

Selvie was moved because he was too small to play center at div 1. When Selvie played center he was 220 lbs. And when he had that monster season at DE, he was only about 250 lbs.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  779

13 hours ago, belgianbull said:

There are no curses there is just bad decision making from our current and past AD's. 

I do not believe in curses; it was just my saying that we made a bad decision in getting rid of Leavitt, and we have been paying for it ever since. Some people would refer to it as karma.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  367
  • Days Won:  0

Whatever you do guys. Don’t go watch the usf/wv game on YouTube. Just don’t. I am so depressed. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Outlaw said:

If the team can't win five games with this weak schedule then AD MK should be fired immediately and a new AD that prioritizes winning should take over.  Give Golesh one more year with someone that turns on the pressure on him.

With all due respect Outlaw, a good coach doesn’t need an AD to put the pressure on him.  A good coach puts the pressure on himself to win regardless of the AD.  The AD just goes along for the ride and pats himself on the back if the coach ends up being successful.  I’m sure AD MK will be no different.

I played for a very successful college program and the AD stayed out of the way of Coach.  Our Coach put more than enough pressure on himself (and us) to win to cover the AD, the President of the university and the entire faculty of the Biology department (no offense intended to the Biology department).

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, hm101 said:

Every one has strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately I think a weakness of his is the lack of focus and urgency on victories in the games on the schedule. He's got the polish, donations are up, was able to politically maneuver the USF system to get the stadium, etc. But he comes across as either neutral to dismissive of the on-the-field results. 

The last Bull Speed Ahead, there was no mention of the need to win, the importance of victories, of what fans have gone through the last few years. It's very ivory tower. That was a perfect opportunity to address things and candidly address the sentiment around USF's and thus his performance. Sadly just a lot of talk about how great the crowd was at the volleyball game that we lost. Tone deaf. 

Some will brush this off, but folks should go take a look at MKs twitter feed vs UCFs AD Terry Mohajir and tell me which of those individuals looks like they have a passion for their job and school. 

The problem as I see it, is what you mention, donations and fundraising are up, so MK probably doesn’t lose his job in the near term.