• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's Basketball OOC Schedule released

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Anything worse than 8-3 would not bode well for conference play. You can't put together this weak of a schedule and not pile up some wins and build momentum. The 2022-2023 team played a fairly weak OOC schedule and managed to go 7-6 (7-1 over their final 8 OOC games). Granted, a lot can change from season-to-season in college basketball, but this year's OOC slate features teams that combined for a 113-219 record last year and an average NET ranking of 270. Last year's schedule had an average NET of 214. 

Here's to hoping CAAR can win some close games this season and can field a team that finishes at least 17-12 overall (8-3 OOC and 9-9 in AAC play). Getting UTSA and Tulsa twice should help. Win those 4 games and you just have to go 5-9 against the rest of the conference slate to finish .500. The conference away only slate is brutal, with ECU the only one I would expect us to have a chance at winning. Figure 1-3 in those games. I see 2-2 for the Home only games. That would put the team at 7-5. 2-4 against Charlotte, Rice and Temple would result in a .500 finish in conference play. That is absolutely obtainable and my expectations are now set for the season. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

Anything worse than 8-3 would not bode well for conference play. You can't put together this weak of a schedule and not pile up some wins and build momentum. The 2022-2023 team played a fairly weak OOC schedule and managed to go 7-6 (7-1 over their final 8 OOC games). Granted, a lot can change from season-to-season in college basketball, but this year's OOC slate features teams that combined for a 113-219 record last year and an average NET ranking of 270. Last year's schedule had an average NET of 214. 

Here's to hoping CAAR can win some close games this season and can field a team that finishes at least 17-12 overall (8-3 OOC and 9-9 in AAC play). Getting UTSA and Tulsa twice should help. Win those 4 games and you just have to go 5-9 against the rest of the conference slate to finish .500. The conference away only slate is brutal, with ECU the only one I would expect us to have a chance at winning. Figure 1-3 in those games. I see 2-2 for the Home only games. That would put the team at 7-5. 2-4 against Charlotte, Rice and Temple would result in a .500 finish in conference play. That is absolutely obtainable and my expectations are now set for the season. 

Agreed. We should expect to be over .500 on the season. Any less is a failure.