• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Tailgating

That is a parking garage and it's $17 to park there.  Parking in downtown lots will be $20 or more.  This is why the Bull Backers are in a downtown hotel within walking distance of the stadium... and our hotel serves a hot breakfast, so we are probably tailgating at the hotel.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Makes you appreciate $7 at RJS in huge lots open for tailgating.  Anybody for an OCS thread?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Everything in FL is cheaper.  I just heard that parking is free at Devil Rays games next year.  Parking for Braves games in the playoffs is around $15 or $20 so the bowl game is comparable to that.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

well parking for Bucs games is around $20 so that is normal.

and yes, parking in free for the d-rays this coming season but that isjust a PR move.  last year parking for d-rays was $10.

it sounds like tailgating is going to be harder than it should be.  i am driving up so i will be tailgating AT the stadium...somewhere.  

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Everything in FL is cheaper.  I just heard that parking is free at Devil Rays games next year.  Parking for Braves games in the playoffs is around $15 or $20 so the bowl game is comparable to that.

that is the truth....parking for cubs games is $15-20 and $25 on the weekends

it was over $100 when they made the playoffs in 2003

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

If anyone gets something set-up and doesn't mind 2 people joining them please let me know. We are flying in and not renting a car.....i would be willing to pay for our share of the tailgate

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

FYI--

I went to the Bucs/Panthers game the day after the ECU/USF game in 2003. The parking in open lots was a bit cheaper-- around 10 or 15 bucks-- but the bowl game might be a little different situation.

As far as tailgating out of a vehicle-- I'm sticking with the hotel plan. It worked well for us at Bama & Miami. And with the hotel locations we are staying at, the use of a vehicle is more or less a waste. Everything we need will be within a ten block radius. Whatever isn't will be obtainable thanks to our members who are driving to Charlotte.

This is going to rock-- can't wait.

PS-- The Panther/Bucs game was sold out but parking was available early without difficulty. I'll bet you parking will be pretty dominated by the WolfPack fans though-- but they seem like a friendly enough bunch.