• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Options 1,2,3,4 are SOLD OUT

Guest S.  Bien

And why would they have confidence in our fan base ... we have NEVER shown we travel well. AND "we" compalin about weeknight games & holiday, even if it's Halloween.

As Bien said, we're trying to find our target group.

That's not true E.T.  We have shown we can travel well but only in spurts.  You see all we've demonstrated, or the only opportunity we've had to demonstrate it, is traveling to away games.  Well there are usually 5-6 road games so everyone gets to pick their favorite.  Sure we sent 3-4k to Miami, 2.5k to Birmingham for Bama, but overall we haven't had a galvanizing event to rally ALL the alumni support and fans.  We've got thousands of alumni that after a few days might go, 'you know it might be fun to spend a few days in Charlotte...'  whereas an NCST, UF, USC, et al, have been doing this sort of thing for decades, and decades.  They've got it perfected, usually they've got commitments for bowl game packages and tickets from big alumni in OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!

Hell once UF opens their ticket sales they've usually sold out, or sold enough that they realize in two weeks they'll sell out so they better ask for more.

As for those packages, I was told by Joe Tomaino on Monday night that they sold out of the Omni team hotel.  The alumni package to stay at the Omni had over 200 rooms, and they sold them all by 11AM.

Throw in the Southpark Marriott, and the other Courtyard Marriott it wouldn't shock me if USF had reserved around 500-700 rooms.  Considering most will have AT LEAST a double occupant that means USF probably sold between 1200-1500 tickets through those travel packages alone.  Then couple in guys like me that bought tixs through the University but planned my own travel package.

I really believe, and would wager that USF will send at least 5,000 to Charlotte.  I've hung around a lot of important events and there are a ton of big alum, guys that don't hang out on these boards, but buy lots of tixs, have a vested interest in these programs and the University, and that I know for a fact are bringing big groups up.  I know one wealthy donor that's bought 12 club tixs, and is caravaning a large group up in a conversion van.

It will happen, but the key is everyone on this board must realize their significance as an alumni and student.  We all grow into our support as a fan.  I bought a few tix when i first started out, now I am donating for facilities and trying to get to a larger donation level.

It will all come, but everyone must take baby steps in their support.  Buy some bowl game tickets, go to the game, get friends then next year you get season tixs for football, then five years from now when you're doing better you become a green jacket.  It's a fun ride fellas.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf will do fine

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

usf will do fine

Holy **** I agree with smazza!

Time to do some soul searching.

Guest S.  Bien

steve knows what I am talking about.  We butt heads sometimes on this board but his USF support is undeniable.

This bowl game is HUGE, HUGE for USF because it's the first event in 15 years (since our last trip to the NCAA's) that helps galvanize the donor base.  It's a chance for the wealthy donors to get together collectively for a fun event and brow beat (unfortunately smazza won't be one of them in attendance this year).  I am not making this a derogatory accusation moreso stating how bowls help bring all the support for Universities and allow those Universities to build further on that support.

Trust me, we'll get at least 5,000 up for that game.  Even if it means donating some tixs, and subsidizing trips.

Guest S.  Bien
I just ordered my tix's and the girl on the phone told me they are selling well and you will have a  big crowd.

I havn't heard about any type of caravan to Charlotte!

Did you call through the USF tix office.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

Yeah I agree. I think we will see an increase in ticket numbers after the 15th.

I finally got my deadass friends to give up the money and get themselves seats for the bowl game after years of sitting in my extra seats.

Guest S.  Bien

A few people, are predicting gloom, and doom however I have heard only the opposite from the Athletic Department.  I have honestly heard that they think 10k is a realistic number, or at least closer to 10k then 5k.

LIke I said earlier it's taking a bit more time to build the interest because we don't have that built in bowl group.  There are enough fans that will get on board, and as the students finalize, and some ancillary fans you will see the numbers shoot up.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

like someone said earlier on another topic....

this is the athletic departments first bowl game as well.  a learning experience for everyone.  hopefully the packages are handled better in years to come.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

usf will do fine

this from Smazza?

I think hell just froze over