• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Look at how Rutgers is pushing tickets.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

I thought we were going to do that if we made it in 2002.  Wonder why it's not happening this year.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

sounds like we need to do something....if we only have 3k it will be embarrassing  :-[

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

[glb]take some notes USF[/glb]

That was a student goverment decision.  USFMikeB can talk more about that... but it depends on if SGA has the $$ lying around somewhere.  Also, that was for a trip to Hawaii in 2002 - Charlotte is neither as far nor as expensive.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

I beleive there is another post on this but seeing people only like to read certain things and then judge, here is what USF is doing.

The SBC members can make the trip for $105.  This inlcuded bus transportation, two nights hotel, lower level game ticket and pregame tailgate.  Rutgers is offering a $300 scholarship to students but I'm sure that trip is costing more and the students there will have to pay something.

Student government is doing a package for $120 for students that included bus transportation and two nights hotel.  It does not include game ticket.  Still a good value to make the trip for less than $200.

These efforts have been publicized through email to students, articles in the Oracle and ads through the Oracle.  Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your political views, our state government is not subsidizing a student trip.  

If you have any questions on this, please don't hesitate to ask.  Go Bulls!

Eric

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

That was a student goverment decision.  USFMikeB can talk more about that... but it depends on if SGA has the $$ lying around somewhere.  Also, that was for a trip to Hawaii in 2002 - Charlotte is neither as far nor as expensive.

SG ALWAYS has the extra money laying around. It just depends on whether the people in office are supportive enough to make it happen.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  201

What really caught my eye was that they were giving each student a free ticket. The packages that USF is offering are great but it isn't like inflating your ticket sales like Rutgers.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

E-mail the student leaders to let them know your thoughts. They don't hear from alumni often.

Maxon Victor, SG President

president@sg.usf.edu

Frank Harrison, Senate President

senpres@sg.usf.edu

Go to www.sg.usf.edu to see what's up with them.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

I dont think the SBC package includes airfare, I think they are taking busses...But I think the least the School could do is give students free tickets...