• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WV seriously getting dissed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

George is excellent... WVU is excellent... i'd say it is a tossup... with the advantage going to GA at home.

BUT... the freshman deal only counts during the regular season..., both play with the poise of upperclassmen.

Its crazy considering that their best running back is sitting on the bench (Gwaltney, and he too is a freshman).  

With a running game as strong as WVU... they are going to be tough to beat, even for a great Georgia team.  If georgia doesn't bring their absolute A game... they are in trouble.  If they do bring the best game.. then Georgia by under 7.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

WVU has only seen one defense comparable to UGA's that is VaTech   (who held them to 250 yards). If you take away the Auburn game, UGA's defense has only allowed 11 ppg and has only allowed more than 17 ppg twice this season.

I don't understand how you can say that being a freshman only matters in the regular season, if anything there will be more pressure on these guys to perform. Its the night game on Jan 2nd, the only game in that slot.

UGA just destroyed LSU in the same venue and LSU is a **** good football team with lots of upperclassmen. I just think the youth will be WVU's downfall in this game, but this will set up WVU for a possible undefeated campaign in 2006, they are going to be scary once they mature.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

have 3 RBs that could start for any team in the country.

I doubt they could start for USC.

8)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

haha,

You know what I meant, they are good.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

Do you watch college football? UGA has 2 losses, one without their senior QB and another to a very freaking good Auburn team.

I'm not in any way saying that WVU isn't good and couldn't hang with most of the top 25, but UGA would probably be the #3 team in the country if it weren't for Shockley getting injured. UGA starts 12 seniors many at key positions and have 3 RBs that could start for any team in the country. WVU consists of most Freshmen and Sophomores and when they have faced a team with an ounce of offensive ability they have given up a lot of points. UGA's defense is too good to try and out score them.

Did you not see what they did to LSU! they rolled them. Further this game is in ATLANTA, the Mountaineers travel well, but 70% of that crowd will be UGA fans.

UGA 37 WVU 7

I agree Joe.  If it was LSU I think WVU had a solid chance.  Georgia may proved to be too much.  I hope WVU can keep it close.  I'll hold out hope that a miracle can happen, but I'm not putting any dough out there.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286

Anyone interested in a fairly large... say 500 dollar bet on this game? I take Georgia straight up.  This game is a guaranteed win for Georgia.  I just hope WVU keeps it respectable.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  29

I think we have a chance to show the nation what we got coming up.  Win or lose I pray we play them close  or even better blow them out.  If we play them close we will get respect.  As for pitt recruiting like a mofo, NOT SO FAST!  All these 4-5 star recruits are going to pitt cuzz of stache and his claim he can get people to the NFL, these kids are star struck and will probably have problems in school anyway.  If they have any sort of brain they wouldn't go to Pitt.  I don't know about you guys but WVU doesn't recruit based on stars, we recruit team players, and I really don't see those Pitt commits being very team oriented.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

... If they have any sort of brain they wouldn't go to Pitt.  I don't know about you guys but WVU doesn't recruit based on stars, we recruit team players, and I really don't see those Pitt commits being very team oriented.

you are right they should come to USF.  By the way I got you guys picked to win so good luck you are gonna need it

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

Anyone interested in a fairly large... say 500 dollar bet on this game? I take Georgia straight up.  This game is a guaranteed win for Georgia.  I just hope WVU keeps it respectable.

like i said i wish i had the coin

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

WEST VIRGINIA  won the worst division in the bcs

of course they will not get respect

didn't they get beat bad by VT?