• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

No comparison between a MLB new-age stadium and a college stadium. particularly for a G-5 program.

Also, while I think a location nearer to Tampa would have been preferable, I think the Rays think it is a no brainer in St. Pete since they are apparently getting a commitment for funding, control the development both of the stadium but the surrounding area and get to keep the development gravy.  Also, I guess the plan is to bring the population to the stadium not the stadium to the population. 

Well isn't the point supposed to be that we plan on getting out of the G5 with the construction of the stadium? You don't build for the conference you're in when your intention is to not be in that conference. Additionally, there certainly can be a comparison between a "MLB new-age stadium" and a college stadium, the university at hand would just need to spend more money on it lol. If Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, or some other successful program were building a brand new stadium and wanted to spend 1.2 billion dollars on it, a comparison can easily be made lol It's just that our stadium is a quarter of the price but also doesn't include a dome. I was just speculating whether the cost of the dome itself was the vast majority of the difference or not.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

Honestly, after all the hemming and hawing about renderings, I would find it hilariously entertaining if they finally put out the renderings and the stadium looks exactly like that

I watched a YouTube commentator covering the various stadium proposals at the Florida schools. When he got to USF he showed that picture and commented, thinking it was the design. 🙄

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

After this weekend’s game, I hope the stadium is designed to be one of the most inhospitable places for visiting teams to play in the country. Designed for maximum crowd noise, visiting side in max sun, etc. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Have you ever been near the Fair grounds during the fair or a big concert? BRUTAL TRAFFIC.

I agree 100%. The traffic by the amphitheater SUCKS! Last time I went to a concert there I asked the cops if it’s always that bad and they said yes. You pretty much have to take a day off work to get to a weekday concert on time. The traffic in the Tampa Bay Area is getting worse with the influx of people and our pretty much nonexistent public transportation. 

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Mine too. I don't go to the games because of the Trop but because the Trop is 50 miles away and traffic makes it feel longer.

Everyone wants the stadium closer to their house. The traffic around here is crazy and just getting worse. 

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yes I agree. What they have been showing for the renderings look amazing regarding the area surrounding the new Rays stadium. Think that was probably one of the major selling points.

St. Pete is definitely changed a lot in the last decade or so. 10 years ago people would have laughed at you if you’d tell them condos downtown would be selling for 600k plus. It used to be a ghost town after dark. Now you have to have some big $$$ to live there. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Everyone wants the stadium closer to their house. The traffic around here is crazy and just getting worse. 

An OCS will be closer to my house but Ray Jay is fine with me. So, not always. 

Re: replacing the Trop with a place next to the Trop,  it's like hiring an OC as your head coach and failing and going out next time and hiring an OC as your head coach. Not saying it won't work but seems the odds are against you.

• Upvote 1
  • Crying 1

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Re: replacing the Trop with a place next to the Trop,  it's like hiring an OC as your head coach and failing and going out next time and hiring an OC as your head coach. Not saying it won't work but seems the odds are against you.

Here’s hoping our new OC turns out to be a better head coach 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,368
  • Days Won:  5

20 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

An OCS will be closer to my house but Ray Jay is fine with me. So, not always. 

If they could have gotten the same deal in Hillsborough County, they'd be in Hillsborough County

5 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

If they could have gotten the same deal in Hillsborough County, they'd be in Hillsborough County

This 100% Hillsborough had their chances and couldn’t come up with the $$$ and location.