• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Fans...I am genuinly sorry

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I just heard about UTEP going behind your back to get the GMAC Bowl bid. That is a very crappy way to treat a team that finished 2nd in the conference and that drew 50k on a game Saturday.

According to a friend of mine O'Leary threw a fit in the locker room when the officials came in and told him immediately that UTEP got the GMAC...

The GMAC used the excuse that it was "two MAC teams" because UCF was a part of the MAC the previous season....

Good luck in Hawaii, sorry to those fans that cannot make it.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

That shadey type of deal makes me want to leave the conference.  The fact that CUSA just let them back door it like that is garbage.  GOL has every reason to be pissed.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  442

There are more and more stories coming out about the backdoor deal with gmac and utep.  I don't know what is true and fiction, but if this is any indication of how gmac works its deals, then any future invites from them would have to viewed very cautiously.  As much as I do like being in CUSA, it also shows (IMO) that we have a very weak commissioner.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'm so happy to be out of there, for so many reasons... best of luck in that hell hole.

Well, it might be very possible that our stay won't be very long either.

I think there may have been some backdoor dealing between Orsini and Tranghese.  I doubt it's mere coincidence that UCF is pushing so hard to build the new facilities seeing how that was our weak point.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

Well, it might be very possible that our stay won't be very long either.

I think there may have been some backdoor dealing between Orsini and Tranghese.  I doubt it's mere coincidence that UCF is pushing so hard to build the new facilities seeing how that was our weak point.

any back door deals wont happen for 4 more years.. so just be happy where we are... its much better than Mac/Asun...

certainly an improvement, especially basketball and baseball.

I think the backdoor deals thing is wishful thinking, but hey, i thought the big east was wishful thinking for us too... so anything is possible.

I don't know.  I find it a little odd that there has been such a strong push to get all these things built by 2007.  UCF is positioning themselves to be the most attractive coalition school in the south.

UCF is spending money it doesn't have...  you can try and make connections to whatever you want... but i attribute it mostly to the athletic dept and poor planning... the stuff is all good to have, but there is a right and wrong way to do it and you are digging yourself into the red... and when o'leary/orsini, UCF will still be stuck with all the bills and those 2 won't have a worry in the world.  You guys are pushing to get this stuff done because you think hey, USF has this stuff, and they were chosen for the big east... that must be our ticket in...

well.. i don't think that is the case... i think there are other teams that would get the nod over you if we ever do expand.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

UCF is spending money it doesn't have...  you can try and make connections to whatever you want... but i attribute it mostly to the athletic dept and poor planning... the stuff is all good to have, but there is a right and wrong way to do it and you are digging yourself into the red... and when o'leary/orsini, UCF will still be stuck with all the bills and those 2 won't have a worry in the world.  You guys are pushing to get this stuff done because you think hey, USF has this stuff, and they were chosen for the big east... that must be our ticket in...

well.. i don't think that is the case... i think there are other teams that would get the nod over you if we ever do expand.

UCF is essentially maxed out in terms of money it can spend. Their revenues from CDOA are not going to go up, while their expenses that require them to fly all their teams to the far reaches of Texas is going to drain their dollars.

USF just made $3-million for coming tied for third in the BE during a rebuilding year. Not a bad paycheck that doesn't include the upcoming basketball money. USF should see ~$6-million from the BE alone which allows us to responsibly spend money and grow our program.  All the spin in the world is not going to allow them to match these dollars and what they will do to our program longterm.