• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Fans...I am genuinly sorry

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

But you did listen because you wrote the rest of that garbage below.

Well aren't you the smug one.

The point I was making was that it's okay to use debt for capital projects if revenues generated from that project are sufficient.  A strong business plan and some careful study will attract investors.  The bulls say that we're tapped out and we're going about it the wrong way which is nonsense.  UCF has managed to keep it's annual athletics budget at the same level of USF despite being in lessor conferences.  The same will be true while USF is in the Big East due to the revenue generated from projects like the stadium and the athletic village.

The information came from a recent meeting confirming the direction and timeline of the stadium financing.  You may have heard similar figures in the feasability studies but this is based upon an even more conservative attendance projection of 18K...but of course you knew that.  Of course you also knew the other details to so I won't bore you.

I disagree with your assessment but, in any case, please tell me how this is a problem?  How has this problem held back the university in it's ability to secure bond financing?  I suppose you should ignore all of the capital improvement projects in the last 10 years and forget about all the cranes on campus now.  Details...

Again, I disagree with your assessment and oversimplification of UCF's history.  It's true the Bill Peterson spent more money than the athletic department raised in the early 80's.  However, you discount all actions taken since the early 80's to correct a deficit?  Not to mention that it had nothing to do with debt service as Athletics did not have any debt financing at that time.  Athletics went over budget and it was corrected.  It made a nice controversial story but as far as nearly folding the athletics department, I can assure you that it was a hot topic with professors and maybe a media story or two but it was never close to "folding."

The probability of this being a very very good thing for UCF is quite high and the interest rate and bond ratings will back that statement up.  Oh, by the way, did you check on UCF's existing bond ratings?

That number may have been in the feasability study it is not in the pro-forma now.  Use 18K.

Voodoo math and wishful thinking.  What makes you so certain that USF will remain on our schedule.  I know it makes all the sense in the world to UCF but not necessarily to USF.  Orsini doesn't even know if it will continue yet.  

Yes, it will be.

FYI...the conservative estimates of around 23,000 have been the same since CH Johnson Consulting game their report to UCF this past Spring.

Here's a link to read their 70 page report (its also listed on the UCF Stadium Update Page)

http://www.stadium.ucf.edu/PDF%20Files/CHJC_UCF_Football_FinalReport_032905.pdf

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic