• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just ran into Tom Crean . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,128
  • Days Won:  56

My school, Bradenton Saint Stephen's, is hosting the district tennis tournament today, and who do I run into watching but Tom Crean. His daughter plays tennis at Out-of-Door Academy. First introduction, so I didn't have the stones to ask him about whether or not he was involved in the USF search, but the dude lives right here in Manatee County. If his daughter wins and moves on and I see him tomorrow, I'll get us some intel. I know most of you weren't hot on him, but hard to deny that he's a proven winner - regardless of the Georgia years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,392
  • Days Won:  43

9 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

My school, Bradenton Saint Stephen's, is hosting the district tennis tournament today, and who do I run into watching but Tom Crean. His daughter plays tennis at Out-of-Door Academy. First introduction, so I didn't have the stones to ask him about whether or not he was involved in the USF search, but the dude lives right here in Manatee County. If his daughter wins and moves on and I see him tomorrow, I'll get us some intel. I know most of you weren't hot on him, but hard to deny that he's a proven winner - regardless of the Georgia years.

I’m sure he remembers Brian Wardle lighting the Sun Dome up against Seth that caused the Tampa Tribune to headline March Sadness… 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,982
  • Days Won:  12

He's a winner

Not sold on CAG 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Coach AAR was an assistant at Georgia under him so they have some type of relationship.

If Crean is a local it wouldn't be that crazy for him to come check out the team at some point and give his old assistant some pointers

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,392
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

Coach AAR was an assistant at Georgia under him so they have some type of relationship.

If Crean is a local it wouldn't be that crazy for him to come check out the team at some point and give his old assistant some pointers

Wow didn’t realize he was an assistant at UGA. Thought someone said he was at GaTech under CBG?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Wow didn’t realize he was an assistant at UGA. Thought someone said he was at GaTech under CBG?

Never at GT. Was the lead recruiter to get Anthony Edwards to Georgia though