• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Source says Mike Brey to be hired by USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

On 3/27/2023 at 7:22 AM, KB said:

I thought he resigned at ND.  This sounds like they fired him.  I'm kind of okay with not hiring another fired coach looking for a landing spot. 

“Mutual resignation” 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

We dodged a bullet then, dude is an idiot if he did not know that.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I don't think we dodged a bullet; Brey has proven he can flat out coach. In the end all that matters is whether a coach can get us wins.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

16 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Does he not have an agent?     Also, if he "resigned/retired" why would he be entitled to money unless it was negotiated as part of the resignation/retiring?  And wouldn't that be a negotiated thing not necessarily in the contract?  I'm confused ..

Either way, his coaching record speaks for itself.   I don't care if our coach knows how to read their contract.  Just whether he knows how to recruit, coach players up and draw up offenses and defenses on dry erase boards.

Edited by olafberserker

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

22 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Does he not have an agent?     Also, if he "resigned/retired" why would he be entitled to money unless it was negotiated as part of the resignation/retiring?  And wouldn't that be a negotiated thing not necessarily in the contract?  I'm confused ..

Either way, his coaching record speaks for itself.   I don't care if our coach knows how to read their contract.  Just whether he knows how to recruit, coach players up and draw up offenses and defenses on dry erase boards.

This whole ******* thing is confusing ....

29 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Turned out pretty good for all involved when an "idiot" down in Boca signed to coach without checking out their facilities ....

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

Exactly. I believe that as much as the conference realignment rumors 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

51 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Turned out pretty good for all involved when an "idiot" down in Boca signed to coach without checking out their facilities ....

Lol yes. I remember when USF tried that trick back in the day before the Sun Dome renovations. I believe it was McMurph or Auman who broke the stories about some of the coaching candidates didn’t like USF’s facilities and said no thanks lol

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Apples and oranges, there is no way that is correct that he didn’t know that about his payout, absolutely no way.  I agreed to move to Texas having never been to the state and it has turned out swimmingly for me.  However I would have known if there was a clause in my contract that said I get nothing if I moved there. 

25 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Apples and oranges, there is no way that is correct that he didn’t know that about his payout, absolutely no way.

Personally, I find it difficult to believe too, that it got to to the point it did before someone supposedly read the fine print, so there must have been some other reason he got cold feet ...

• Upvote 1