• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Enough is enough

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,363
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

the contract extensions for Scott and Gregory were not meaningless. Even though I haven't seen the contract extension terms, so I can't say if we are losing money on it, the contract extensions were demoralizing to the fans. At first  when I heard about it  I thought that it was probably a joke. It set the tone that losing it acceptable.

I'm not sure what you are talking about.  CJS was fired .... mid-season .... extension = meaningless ... What happens with CBG will happen extension or no extension ..... extension = meaningless

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,037
  • Days Won:  10

24 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I'm not sure what you are talking about.  CJS was fired .... mid-season .... extension = meaningless ... What happens with CBG will happen extension or no extension ..... extension = meaningless

I am not talking about whether you can fire or not. Obviously you can.   My point is that the extensions when you are as bad as they were sets the tone of a losing culture. I still wonder if Kelly would have fired Scott if it wasn't for Temple  putting 54 points on us. I bet if Scott would have won 4 games Kelly would have given him another year, and I am afraid that if Gregory just shows minor improvement it will be enough to save his job.

Haven't seen the terms of the contract extensions, but if Scott ended up with more money because of it, that would make it even worse.

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

14 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I am not talking about whether you can fire or not. Obviously you can.   My point is that the extensions when you are as bad as they were sets the tone of a losing culture. I still wonder if Kelly would have fired Scott if it wasn't for Temple  putting 54 points on us. I bet if Scott would have won 4 games Kelly would have given him another year, and I am afraid that if Gregory just shows minor improvement it will be enough to save his job.

Haven't seen the terms of the contract extensions, but if Scott ended up with more money because of it, that would make it even worse.

There is no doubt in my mind that had Scott gone 4-8, he would still be here. Now the question is what record will keep Gregory from being fired. I’m afraid that the numbers of wins to stay on is pretty low. Win 12 games which would be 5-13 in conference would probably keep him on board. I have given up on basketball 

2 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

There is no doubt in my mind that had Scott gone 4-8, he would still be here. Now the question is what record will keep Gregory from being fired. I’m afraid that the numbers of wins to stay on is pretty low. Win 12 games which would be 5-13 in conference would probably keep him on board. I have given up on basketball 

I agree, and in my opinion coaches deserve 3 years ( as long as in year 2 there is improvement over year 1), but it seems that Kelly is willing to give coaches 5-6 years. In a third year a coach should have a winning record; or they should be gone.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

Scott in his first 2 years had the worst record ever at USF; soon after he received a contract extension.

His extension, and all the others' extensions, had nothing to do with their records. MK explained why he did what he did at the time ....

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

His extension, and all the others' extensions, had nothing to do with their records. MK explained why he did what he did at the time ....

Performance should be the only thing that contract extensions are based on.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I am not talking about whether you can fire or not. Obviously you can.   My point is that the extensions when you are as bad as they were sets the tone of a losing culture.

Obviously it doesn't because you know ... he was fired.  extensions = meaningless

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I agree, and in my opinion coaches deserve 3 years ( as long as in year 2 there is improvement over year 1), but it seems that Kelly is willing to give coaches 5-6 years. In a third year a coach should have a winning record; or they should be gone.

Scott was fired in year 3 and most considered his first year a pass because of covid ... so the bolded isn't accurate

Edited by olafberserker

6 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Scott was fired in year 3 and most considered his first year a pass because of covid ... so the bolded isn't accurate

Coach Gregory is in what year now? I believe its year 6. So the bolded is accurate

Scott would probably still be here if he had won 4.

Edited by belgianbull

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

Coach Gregory is in what year now? I believe its year 6.

And?   He has had some success ... it's not like 1 FBS win in 3 seasons