• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is this OUR Brian Fisher again???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with most on this thread, Fisher needs to take some time off to get his life in order!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S. Bien

Wow, Brian Fisher is 5-8?  They must have asked him because he is not that tall.

Mike,

We don't owe anyone anything.  Fisher chose to ignore his two children for 3 years.  He owes them something, a lot of something.  That's about all anyone is owed in this situation.  Football or not, Fisher played under the auspices of being a good kid, with good values, yet hiding behind that teddy bear exterior was a kid that was willing to abandon two children.  I AM NOT IMPRESSED!  Have a kid and you will understand.  

Sorry, if Brian had done the RIGHT thing many moons ago he would have been at home working, going to college part-time and providing for those kids.  We would, and will survive, but what will happen to those kids?  His dad ignored them for his own personal glory.

NO, NO, Brian needs time away from this team to get this all cleared up.  I don't think he should be allowed to return until those payments are made whole, or a proper deferment is given.  Also, a promise for restitution to those children.  

This goes beyond football, and Fisher already got my thanks for his performance.  Now he will never get a thanks or applause from me until this situation is made right.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe all those pro-lifers could chip in and pay his child support after all for about $300 he could have taken care of those kid problems in high school. They dont want kids to have abortions but I dont see them helping to raise THESE children.

But I do agree Brian needs to do the right thing and pay those women.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Yes the all-mighty, all-perfect s.bien commentary.

All you and Brian Fisher have in common is that your sperm had good aim for a female's uterus.  I really doubt he needs your sanctimonious bible thumping conservative view point.  You really do not know what is going on in his life.  

The last thing a guy in trouble needs is to lose the structure of a team.  He needs their support, not yours.

I do not know what Fisher would think, but if I was him, I really give a rat's a$$ if you applause him or not.

Guest S. Bien
Yes the all-mighty, all-perfect s.bien commentary.

All you and Brian Fisher have in common is that your sperm had good aim for a female's uterus.  I really doubt he needs your sanctimonious bible thumping conservative view point.  You really do not know what is going on in his life.  

The last thing a guy in trouble needs is to lose the structure of a team.  He needs their support, not yours.

I do not know what Fisher would think, but if I was him, I really give a rat's a$$ if you applause him or not.

hightech,

You little puke of a boy.  When you try to condemn me, or attack me its almost a joke.  You come on here with useless rants, bullcrap that has no substance, and quite frankly often sound to juvenile to substantiate with a comment.

Ah, yet again your comebacks are insult laden, and full of useless attacks and diatribes.  One thing is for sure, and many on this board as well, that you wouldn't have the balls to say the same comments to my face.   By the way my identity is obvious, and I do not hide behind a psuedonym- I DON't NEED TO!

The last I checked Brian was arrested for ignoring child support for two children.  Mike told us we should all be supportive, and I say for what?  What do I owe Brian?   What does he owe me?  He has done well in football, but the right to play football is only given if you take care of your personal life.  Brian hasn't taken care of his personal life so his right to play football has been revoked!

So run away and play hightech, as per usual of past spars with you this is another battle of wits for me with an unarmed boy.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  164

For the record, I don't really care about this situation since it doesn't affect me in the slightest.  However, what I'm really curious about is how the apologists for Brian Fisher (or whoever the USF troubled athlete of the week is) would respond if this was an player from UF, FSU, or UCF.  I suspect the opinions would not be nearly as compassionate.  Hypocrisy can be such an amusing thing.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Maybe all those pro-lifers could chip in and pay his child support after all for about $300 he could have taken care of those kid problems in high school. They dont want kids to have abortions but I dont see them helping to raise THESE children.

But I do agree Brian needs to do the right thing and pay those women.

Why not ask the 2 kids...if

A) they like their Mom, their friends, family...and maybe if their Dad would be around more often....or...

B)  if they would like their brains sucked out of their heads and have neither of the above??

I would probably put my money on A....but I'm not a gambler.

KL

KL

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Added trouble for USF's Fisher

Utility football player again is cited for driving with a suspended license.

By PETE YOUNG, Times Staff Writer

Published March 30, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA - South Florida football standout Brian Fisher was cited again Sunday for driving with a suspended license. The utility player was arrested and released on $250 bond.

Fisher's license suspension is linked to his failure to make child support payments to two women in Escambia County, where he attended Pine Forest High School. Last month Fisher was cited for driving with a suspended license, and last week he was arrested for delinquent child-support payments dating to 2001 and totaling more than $17,000.

Fisher, 21, is done with football for the rest of spring practice.

"We're going to hold him out until he has his life back in order," coach Jim Leavitt said.

Fisher's mother, Doniel, said she paid the cash purge of $570 when her son was arrested last week for delinquent child-support payments to Shacondra Primm (by wiring the money through Jesse Turner, a friend of Fisher's), and her son's situation will be resolved.

"Any situation he is in will be cleared up," said Doniel Fisher, who lives in Pensacola. "As his mother I will do what I have to (in order to) make sure his name is cleared. He has family that cares. We will get together in any type of emergency and do what we have to do to take care of our family."

Fisher owes Primm $80 a week and Sarida McWilliams $55, amounts that increased about 15 percent for back support. He owes McWilliams a $750 cash purge.

"That will be resolved; there isn't a warrant for (the $750) and won't be," Doniel Fisher said. "It will be taken care of soon."

Last fall a judge found Fisher in contempt of payment to Primm. But it was not learned until last fall through a paternity test that Fisher had fathered a child with McWilliams. A warrant was issued in January because Fisher had not paid Primm by or complied with the "pay or appear" program. If a payment is missed, he is obligated to appear before a hearing officer and explain why.

Fisher has limited opportunities to earn income since he is a full-time student and member of the football team. His mother said it is possible but not likely he could take a job this summer, and Fisher, a rising senior, has a redshirt year available.

"He's going to do what he has to do to make sure his responsibilities (are taken care of)," Doniel Fisher said.

His status as a student-athlete, could provide access to financial assistance. Fisher can apply for the need-based Pell Grant, which provides up to $4,000 annually and would make him eligible to receive money from the special assistance fund. Associate athletic director Steve Horton said the fund can be used for a variety of reasons, and USF athletes have drawn from it to help provide day care.

A new fund established this year, the student-athlete opportunity fund, also might be available.

Fisher could be punished by the school and athletic department. His arrest last week was referred to USF's office of student affairs, and he could be suspended a minimum of two games, as per USF's student-athlete code of conduct, for not informing Leavitt and Horton of his arrest.

[Last modified March 30, 2004, 01:35:43]

Guest S.  Bien

Howie,

Read that article this morning.  For once the Parrot put a proper perspective on things.  I was glad to hear Brian's mother is going to help him, and it sounds like someone got his butt chewed by his momma for his actions.  This sounds like maybe Brian is going to redshirt this year and get his life back in-order, or maybe his family will band together to help him get his life in-order.

Funny how people can be such apologist's for a kid, yet the boy's own mother agreed what he did was wrong, and promised to make things right.  Something to think about.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

why is one kid getting 80$ per week and the other 55$?   just curious.. i would think it would be a standard value?