• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A 2-4-8 Three Season Forecast Approach..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

49 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I hope you're joking

I’m not. UAB will destroy us next season….

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I’m not. UAB will destroy us next season….

Ok lets say we lose against UAB. Win 4 out 7 against FAMU, Rice, Temple, UConn, WKU, Charlotte, FAU.  Should we really not expect us to?

I understand why some would predict only 2 wins after the last 3 years, but even Strong had 4 wins in the year he was fired (  fired with good reason ). Should we really not expect to win 4 or 5 games with the schedule we have?

Lets say Coach Golesh only wins 2 or 3 games in his first season; it would be a disappointment and an underachievement in my opinion. That doesn't mean he  doesn't get another 2 years to turn it around after that; or that people will call for him to be fired after year 1.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Ok lets say we lose against UAB. Win 4 out 7 against FAMU, Rice, Temple, UConn, WKU, Charlotte, FAU.  Should we really not expect us to?

I understand why some would predict only 2 wins after the last 3 years, but even Strong had 4 wins in the year he was fired (  fired with good reason ). Should we really not expect to win 4 or 5 games with the schedule we have?

Lets say Coach Golesh only wins 2 or 3 games in his first season; it would be a disappointment and an underachievement in my opinion. That doesn't mean he  doesn't get another 2 years to turn it around after that; or that people will call for him to be fired after year 1.

I hope my prediction is way off and we win many more games than 2. 

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

They didnt play our same schedule so having a better record doesn't mean much.

It may not mean much but what else can we go by? We didn't beat one FBS team and those 4 did beat at least one. I'm just looking for any solid data that supports expecting to beat ANY FBS team on our schedule. I think we're all hoping to finally win some of those games this year but I can't see how you can set expectations until we see how the team looks when they start firing live bullets ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

8 hours ago, Friscobull said:

If we expect 2 wins then I am not sure why anyone even bothers to follow this team.  We have been awful but a turnaround is not a 3-4 year process like the last guy led you to believe.  How was Tulane able to turn it around in one season, TCU?  It can be done and we should expect to actually win some games this year, unlike the last couple of years.  I am not sure some of you have grasped the level of incompetence of our prior HC, he will go down in infamy as one of the worst Division 1 coaches of all time, he was a joke.  I know one thing, if I was expecting this team to win 2 games with this watered down schedule then I would also expect to not bother watching a single game this season.

Actually Tulane was in their 7th year with their coach. Not the same thing USF is facing.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It may not mean much but what else can we go by? We didn't beat one FBS team and those 4 did beat at least one. I'm just looking for any solid data that supports expecting to beat ANY FBS team on our schedule. I think we're all hoping to finally win some of those games this year but I can't see how you can set expectations until we see how the team looks when they start firing live bullets ...

This has got to be one of the most bizarre takes I have ever seen.  We didn't win any games so how can we expect to win any games? ..... it's their job to win games

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Actually Tulane was in their 7th year with their coach. Not the same thing USF is facing.

There's other examples of teams showing improvement in year 1.  And he still went from 2 wins to 11 in one year.  I doubt Tulane was ok with expecting just 2 wins again last year since he only won 2 the year before.  it's a bizarre point of view for me

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

5 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

There's other examples of teams showing improvement in year 1.  And he still went from 2 wins to 11 in one year.  I doubt Tulane was ok with expecting just 2 wins again last year since he only won 2 the year before.  it's a bizarre point of view for me

Maybe Jeff Scott would have won 11 in his seventh year.

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Maybe Jeff Scott would have won 11 in his seventh year.

Maybe if we added all 7 years together .... but even that's a stretch

• Haha 1

And I believe Frisco's other point is the most important one ... the level of incompetence from our coaching staff the past 3 years is fairly unprecedented.  We can only go up ... I hope