• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Adrian McPherson couldve been our QB today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

is the b in usfmikeb stand for *****?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

let mazzaboy teach you a few things

1.never be afraid of change

And yet you give me crap for the firerodsmith.com site.  Mazzaboy, all I WANT is change.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

The same Adrian McPherson who is a convicted felon?  Do you honestly think he'd still be with the program?  

The insanity is everywhere.

for real

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Or Doug Waecter, Chris Davis (good choice btw Chris you've done sooo much at FSU), Drew Weatherford, or any of a hundred QBs USF has offered in the last 5 years. It reminds me a bit of Cardieri. Recruit the very best even though you have little chance of getting them into the program and have very little in the way of back up plans.

Im not saying we shouldn't recruit the very best but we need to look at who is doing it, what is going wrong and what we need to do to fix the problem.

(I know about Grothe, we'll see how that works out.)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Who is that great QB at FSU ?  Whats his name ?  The guy that just got shut out by a Florida defense that isn't having a great year.  I bet we recruited him too. It is a team game guys not just the QB.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

how does that make you all feel?  the fact that McPherson couldve been our QB this year, and we couldve EASILY won the big east with him at the helm-- one of CJL's screwups was not recruiting a QB to run this 1-dimensional offense and that includes bringing in the right transfers.  

I hold Julmiste accountable for today's loss (like all our other loses where they loaded 8 in the box and dared him to pass), as well as Leavitt for not addressing the position, and Rod Smith for not coaching PJ up to par..

Butch Davis, can you hear us?  we need you

in that case we could have had Vince Young at QB if CJL would had recuited him or Brady Quinn or Marcus Vick or D.J. Shockley or Matt Leinart or Brian Brohm or Jay Cutler or Michael Robinson and so on and so on   ::)

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

LOL . . . it is really amazing how many are reacting to this loss.

We need real football fans ... we have a lot - but too many that are not, let alone BULL Fans.

I don't get this at all? So, you're saying that TRUE FANS can only say GOOD THINGS about the team, and can't be critical?

Seems to me a lot of the posters that are being critical are making good points.

Keep accepting a mediocre team, and you'll keep getting a mediocre team...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  148

I agree Rod needs to mix up the play calling, maybe keep the same formula, but at the least make defenses guess as to which down 1st or 2nd to load the box.  Our offense has become like a predictable snap count.  The reality is we never called Cincy's bluff, like clockwork they lined up 8 in the box and we answered by by running the ball.  @ Unconn, I don't think PJ played that bad, he had some good tosses down field and think of how many passes were freakin' dropped, I can think of 7, 5 of which would have been 1st downs.  When running off tackle isn't working, we need to get AH into short passes, screen plays, etc.  Running isn't going to work against eveyone especially, when we are so predictable.  I wish Rod would realize, when an opposing team is putting 8 in the box, you can't muscle anyone done the field.  We need to recruit a true passer and your right, there is a lot of talent out there.  Cincy's Gruta (sp?) Uncoon, Louisville's Brohm...I watched the WVU-Pitt game, is it fair to say if we can contain their mobile QB, that is 70% of their offense?

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

McPherson would have put us on the map alright.  The map that leads to PROBATION.  There is no doubt in my mind that this kid was crooked at FSU.  I believe he single handedly lost the game versus Wake Forest or NC State ( can't remember which one).  Yep, you know what I'm saying.  This was a kid that got into gambling while at FSU and he got taken.  Most likely it would have happened at USF too.  

McPherson is not the answer,  Please do some research before making such a statement.