• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I dont want CJL to leave

Guest bullistic930

Guest bullistic930

Hope he doesn't leave for K-State. He's not perfect, but he's done a great job with what he has been given. And I like his style/personality.  When the Big East commercial came on where they showed all the coaches, all the others seem bland compared to CJL. He's got character.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  161
  • Days Won:  0

He doesn't have an offense because he can't recruit and retain a D1A QB. We need a coach in order to take the Bulls to the next level.

Guest bullistic930
He doesn't have an offense because he can't recruit and retain a D1A QB. We need a coach in order to take the Bulls to the next level.

What exactly IS the next level? We're competitive in a Div-1A BCS conference.  This is our first year.

Agree the QB situation is disappointing, though.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Leavitt is fine if he just hires a @$!#@ing offensive coordinator.  Much of our defensive dominance over USF history is his doing.  I would be loathe to scrap that.  I think he should just start feeling AD pressure to get a new OC.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  161

The next level is showing up consistently.

The next level is complete preparation for the game at hand no matter who the team is.

The next level is not hoping the offense will get on track but, putting an offensive scheme together that works.

IT's not our NCAA status or league affiliation but what we do on the field

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

The next level is showing up consistently.

The next level is complete preparation for the game at hand no matter who the team is.

The next level is not hoping the offense will get on track but, putting an offensive scheme together that works.

IT's not our NCAA status or league affiliation but what we do on the field

Name one team this year that has shown up consistently? You can't, with the possible exception of USC. Your "next level" rambling is absurd ....

We're 6-4 ON THE FIELD in a very competitive conference.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291

I believe he had terrible QBs at Kansas.. They were a good defensive team.  

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

CJL will not be leaving. If you can take any silver lining from this loss is it may have made him less appealing to K-State. I question a play call here or there but I think Leavitt is a good coach. I love people like Bullsayer who need instant gradification. This is our 1st year in the Big East for goodness sakes and we were predicted to finish 7th out of 8 teams by pretty much everybody. We for 4-7 last year! Hello?!?  TripleB is right your rambling is absurd. I guess maybe Florida should go ahead and fire Urban Meyer, or FSU Bobby Bowden. After Notre Dame lost to USC they should have fired Charlie Weiss. Heck the only 2 consistent teams this year could be said of Texas and USC. Coach Mack at Texas has done what over the last decade.....consistently lost to Oklahoma until this year. Based on your reasoning, nearly every coach in D-1 football should have been fired at some point this year. How did you become a fan of this team if mediocrity is unacceptable to you ? I mean half of our history is beating teams like Liberty, Elon, SW Texas State. How much more mediocre can you get? Chill out.....it will all be over soon.  ;D

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

TRipleB must be satisfied with mediocrity.

Thanks for avoiding my question. It's rare for a team to show up consistently for EVERY game. Only the top echelon teams even come close to that. We are not consistent yet and if there was ever a game earmarked for the inconsistent side to pop up it was this one. The true test comes next week. I fully expect the Bulls to compete if not win outright .....