• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Odd question - 3rd down music

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

Every other third down our defense was in, the stadium music was a part of what I assume is an electronic song and was a sort of deep tone and a second deep tone and for some reason it got people moving. I don't know what it is but I liked it! Does anyone know what this song is?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

Curious . . .

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

I was probably lamenting the switch from hot dogs to PDQ in the club at this time.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  1

You know, when I played all the way back in high school I never noticed music, the band, crowd noise, etc. although one time we were playing an away game and the home team fired off some old canon after they scored.  Somehow I missed seeing the canon during warmups so I didn't know it was there.  It was off to the side at one end of the field.  When that thing went off I must have jumped sky high because I got kidded about it for weeks.  Lucky I didn't crap my pants because it was "extremely loud and incredibly close".  Fortunately no one got a picture of it and somehow I was out of camera when we watched the tape (yes, our games were videotaped with this giant hand held camera back then). 

As I moved up the ladder and stadiums got bigger and the noise got louder I did start to notice it but not as much as you might think.  BUT......there were times when we were at one end of the field and the game was on the line and the home crowd was going nuts and you can't hear anything but the crowd noise.  Didn't matter if you were on O or D, plays get called on both sides and there are audibles on both sides of the ball.  Hand sigs are more important than most people know.  Some teams seem to use them more than others.  Sometimes I wonder if some players have trouble remember plays AND the hand signals to call them.  It ain't easy.