• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After watching one half of Bohanon…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

12 hours ago, 10yrbull said:

His pick six was horrible. Reminded me of previous qbs. 

That was entirely the fault of Xavier Weaver, who didn't even bother to block the guy ... he was confused on that play, and looking at the defensive back field.  Even if Weaver attempted to block and didn't completely stop him.. the INT doesn't happen, it might not have been a completion or even gained yards, but the possession would have continued. 

The pix six was 0% the fault of Bohannon.  You can see here as he's preparing to throw.

Edited by Jim Johnson
  • Upvote 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

4 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

Honestly, the offensive playcalling was super conservative. It is hard to judge the team when they get bullied by bigger o and d line. keep in mind a lot of these players are transfers too, and maybe the gel hasn’t set yet?

It was a rough game to start, but things will get better by the start of conference play. We knew BYU was the better team, I blame the blowout portion on the coaches.

the jimmy johnson teams in miami were always smaller but they were fast and could tackle

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

That was entirely the fault of Xavier Weaver, who didn't even both the block the guy ... he was confused on that play, and looking at the defensive back field.  Even if Weaver attempted to block and didn't completely stop him.. the INT doesn't happen, it might not have been a completion or even gained yards, but the possession would have continued. 

The pix six was 0% the fault of Bohannon.  You can see here as he's preparing to throw.

Great points. I think that first quarter was a huge fluke of things going wrong. Good news is mostly everything I watched can easily be corrected. Howard is a big opportunity for USF to show corrections and confidence moving forward.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

14 hours ago, LrdNorman said:

While today is not what we hoped, the fact is we have a good amount of transfers, new coaches, BYU has a monster (and VERY experienced lines, and jitters by Bohanon.

I see life in this team and a willingness to improve.  I still believe in CJS — when most of the team wants to play for you, it says something.

how can you believe in cjs when he didnt put the offense on the field after winning the cost

WHAT A DUMB MOVE

no one has been a bigger supporter of cjs than me

but what a negative message that sent. he had no confidence in his own offense

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, Bull Awakening said:

Great points. I think that first quarter was a huge fluke of things going wrong. Good news is mostly everything I watched can easily be corrected. Howard is a big opportunity for USF to show corrections and confidence moving forward.

FLUKE? This is exactly what we gave witnessed  for 3 seasons under Scott? We regressed  and got destroyed by another FBS team. Are you not seeing the pattern here under Scott ? Give me the top 5 things you see on him on the field.  

Just now, smazza said:

how can you believe in cjs when he didnt put the offense on the field after winning the cost

WHAT A DUMB MOVE

An offensive coach that doesn't believe in his own offense to get the crowd in the game to start the season is beyond words.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

FLUKE? This is exactly what we gave witnessed  for 3 seasons under Scott? We regressed  and got destroyed by another FBS team. Are you not seeing the pattern here under Scott ? Give me the top 5 things you see on him on the field.  

An offensive coach that doesn't believe in his own offense to get the crowd in the game to start the season is beyond words.

Let’s reserve some judgment until we lose again. So many things  are correctable. USF gave our QB time to pass which has not been seen in a while. I’m not too impressed with BYU. We shall see how they do as well. So early in the season 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, smazza said:

WHAT A DUMB MOVE

The end around for a TD would have probably been the same regardless.  We’ll never know, but common history dictates that the first 10 plays or so are usually scripted anyway.

Statistics say that getting the ball to start the second half equals roughly an extra .5 points and an extra possession .

Would taking the opening kickoff equal a 29 point difference?  No.  That’s not the reason we lost.  If you are “the biggest supporter of CJS”, you sure don’t show it.

He didn’t do it because he had no confidence in his offense — that’s just ignorant.  

12 hours ago, USFbulls24 said:

Jitters by the 5th year Junior who is our "leader" and has an incredible GRIT score? Probably not a good sign. 

When you are in a new environment (Tampa) with high expectations (fans and media) with new receiving targets, yes there will be jitters.  Everyone gets nervous for the first event — leading a meeting, acting a part, teeing off in front of strangers, wanting to make a good impression on the coach — so yes, even a 5th year junior.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, LrdNorman said:

The end around for a TD would have probably been the same regardless.  We’ll never know, but common history dictates that the first 10 plays or so are usually scripted anyway.

Statistics say that getting the ball to start the second half equals roughly an extra .5 points and an extra possession .

Would taking the opening kickoff equal a 29 point difference?  No.  That’s not the reason we lost.  If you are “the biggest supporter of CJS”, you sure don’t show it.

He didn’t do it because he had no confidence in his offense — that’s just ignorant.  

So there coach came prepared with scripted plays that he knew would work and our coach came prepared for a HB dive. The team looked lost and unprepared in year 3 with this huge offseason. The local community is trying to buy in and support USF , and the coaching staff is ruining that momentum. At what point does the hot seat get turned up to full heat? There is nothing I have seen from CJS with results on the field that give me any reasons to support him.  FCS wins do not mean anything to me. Blowing them out will not show any progress. Do you actually think CJS can coach this team up ? If so what has he shown you that he can do that ? 

12 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

Bless your heart... people are gonna roast you alive.

I *wish* I could say I saw something.  I stayed til our last offensive series and after the turnover on downs I literally didn't want to watch anything more.  Game was almost over, and I hate leaving early...but what I saw being called was just awful and I couldn't stand watching it.

Felt like every series we did a delayed handoff ->run up middle, run again, then pass to sideline (or some combination of that).  No tempo, only a couple of deep shots....the most 'vanilla of vanilla'.  It felt like they developed the game plan for a rookie and were sticking to it no matter what tonight. 

Then afterwards I hear from the coaches comments "the run was shut down and its hard to throw when that happens"....  Well what about passing to setup the run with a QB on national watch lists who won a Big12 conference and supposedly had 80-90% completion in camp.  Do you wanna maybe make a gameplan that's pass heavy to take advantage of that?  Or just keep doing dinks and dunks when it's clear from like the second series of the game the defense is literally waiting on those sideline throws to jump on?

Thank you for the “Bless your heart” — I’ll take it as a complement and not a snide remark.

I agree that the offense could have opened up more (they did toward the end) but I also see the hesitancy when the WR drops passes.  Bohanon’s fault?  Maybe.  WR’s fault?  Maybe.

However, that has nothing to do with the fight in the team.  Again, I saw no giving up in them.  They seemed to become more in sync as the game wore on.

I feel sorry for all the Negative Nellies. They care about the team as much as I do and want the best for the group.

I see no reason to give up the season because of this game — doesn’t count toward our Championship goal and we weren’t going to the Playoffs anyway.  I still see a possibility of a bowl game and that would be something we all would love to see.