• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

LEAVITT PLEASE TAKE THE K-STATE JOB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  0

I don't understand some fans? When we win, everything is fine.  But when we lose, we have to clean shop. When other teams were trying to get cjl to leave, he showed he was here for the long haul. He turn down millions to stay here, I think he deserve more credit, for what he has help build here. I say give him a 5 year extension.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

... but clean shop

I would say fans too  ::)

But it's just a small minority of fans that aren't True BULLS !

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I don't understand some fans? When we win, everything is fine.  But when we lose, we have to clean shop. When other teams were trying to get cjl to leave, he showed he was here for the long haul. He turn down millions to stay here, I think he deserve more credit, for what he has help build here. I say give him a 5 year extension.

It is not that simple.  I wouldn't suggest firing CJL yet, but after this performance it will be easier for me to take if he leaves.  The play calling was horrible, and while most people on this board blame Rod Smith, ultimatly CJL is responsible.  Going for it on 4th and 6 was not the only boneheaded play.  Putting Julmiste in the shotgun on 3rd and long from our 5 early was really stupid.  I know CJL probably didn't call the play, but he is still responsible.

If the team didn't play well enough to win I don't think too many people would be on CJL.  The team played very poorly, but they did play well enough to win.  The reason you see threads calling for CJL's head is that USF likely wins that game if the coaching staff does a mediocre job.

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

It is not that simple.  I wouldn't suggest firing CJL yet, but after this performance it will be easier for me to take if he leaves.  The play calling was horrible, and while most people on this board blame Rod Smith, ultimatly CJL is responsible.  Going for it on 4th and 6 was not the only boneheaded play.  Putting Julmiste in the shotgun on 3rd and long from our 5 early was really stupid.  I know CJL probably didn't call the play, but he is still responsible.

If the team didn't play well enough to win I don't think too many people would be on CJL.  The team played very poorly, but they did play well enough to win.  The reason you see threads calling for CJL's head is that USF likely wins that game if the coaching staff does a mediocre job.

the biggest game in the history of our Program and Leavitt coached horrible. I still cant believe some of the calls in that game

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

Because to be a good coach, and have a good program you win the games you're suppose to win - UConn.

Poor playing call, flat team, no major halftime adjustment, giving up big plays to lose. Who are you suppose to blame it on?

Someone else said it too, once I heard his short interview with CJL heading into halftime, I knew the game was over.

Like I stated in another thread, I am starting to leand towards the get rid of Leavitt bandwagon. However, I will hold out my final view of the situation until after the UWV game. Why? Because it will be interesting how he gets the team up for this game, and what the final outcome will be after such a HUGE letdown.

USF missed a chance to possibly break into the top 25 rankings, gain national exposure, winning the Big East, obtaining a major bowl bid, and getting a huge BCS bowl payout.  

I have NO IDEA if this is correct, but I'd venture to stay if USF won yesterday, ESPN's GameDay would have been done from the parking lot of RJS.

If I were in charge, I'd be slowing down that contract negotiation process...

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I also never said that we should fire CJL just that if he moved on I would be thrilled..... Butch Davis is looking to coach USF would be a great chance for him and USF

But you did say ALL the coaches are boneheads.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt is an underachiever

bubbles - i have been asking leavitt to leave for years

leavitt's stock has dropped significantly

he should take the first 5 year contract offered.

usf will be just fine without leavitt and much better if we hire the right coach

the right coach means everything.

usc will always be a top 5 program with pete carroll but without him there will be a significant drop off

usf needs to hire the right coach

And this is what would happen . . .

All the "big" donors we have will dry up and we can not hire a guy worth anything ... Smith turns down Buffalo for the USF Head Job ...

Happy ?

::)