• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF AD on BN9 right now

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Thanx Gentlemen ... no questions about Leavitt's contract or the football team's season ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Ok, so I am very angry about the way the story was played out this evening and I think it was a little disrespectful to Doug Woolard who was sitting right there.  I think it says a lot about USF that we have come as far as we have without hardly any support from the media and with little belief from our fans.  Up until recently there were still more FSU, UF, and Miami fans on campus than Bulls, we are only 10 years old, give us a break.

I was one of the students interviewed and we spoke for about ten minutes.  He showed one little comment I made about buying stuff.  I discussed how I had been a fan of USF for a long time and how I had been to every game for the past four years, through good and bad.  I talked about how it was nice that people were starting to notice us Nationally and that we have a lot of potential. I also mentioned that I serve on the board for the Student Bulls Club, whose mission to get more students involved with Athletics.  I told him I already had airfare to a Bowl Game, no matter where it was and he asked me about the rest of the season, which I quickly quoted the rest of our schedule and what I thought about each matchup.  They ran that segment how they wanted to, you've got one fan here that knows her stuff and is a big Bulls Fan, win or lose.

We are the ones who will make USF great, not those who choose to ignore their own university and the amazing things it has to offer.  

Thats why I dont like the media...why not report what they really see and applaud the school for the job they are doing. total disrespect even if is wasnt ment

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

ET,

I thought the show was good press overall for USF because Doug Woolard was on there. I loved how Doug quickly countered that interview piece wiith his argument about USF only being about 50 years old. He also talking about the upgraded to the SUNDOME and all the other sports on campus. Then he talked about USF having an on-campus football stadium years down the road because it would be better for the university. He said having an on-campus stadium will only help because it will showcase the outsiders on how big and beautiful the USF campus has become since they will be at the football games on campus.

That's the first time I've ever heard someone high up at USF talk about the benefits of an on-campus stadium.

To those that want a stadium in the future (near future?), this could be the AD that might be able to deliver it for you.

KL

Yeah in 10 years.

At the earliest . . .

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

That's the first time I've ever heard someone high up at USF talk about the benefits of an on-campus stadium.

To those that want a stadium in the future (near future?), this could be the AD that might be able to deliver it for you.

KL

let's hope so.. that way we can silence all these anti-on-campus-stadium / play-in-a-rent-a-stadium advocates... i, for one, am getting tired of playing at HCC Dale Mabry campus' home stadium (rayjay, right across the street).. USF deserves a home to call its own!.. if we dont get one soon, attendance figures wont ever max out to where we'd like them, and the dolla bills wont be flowing as heavily as we'd like them either

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,850
  • Days Won:  22

I would like an on campus stadium BUT there are more important things USF athletics needs to deal with. RJS is a great facility until we make that move.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

Woolard was clear when asked about the on campus stadium that it would be nice but was not high on the priority list. He talked about building new soccer stadium, remodeling baseball and softball.  

when asked about CJL and contract he said that its about more than money to CJL and that USF would do everything in its power to keep him at USF.  basically saying we can't match an offer from K-state right now but the way things are going with the program they will be able to pay CJL in the future and i think CJL understands that and will stay.

::)

This is what I think when I hear about our stadium insults ...

NFL teams Giants & Jets SHARE a freakin' stadium and plan to in the future when they build a new one.

Very Happy with RayJay ... if it wasn't for RayJay, sure season tix would be lower and donor level would be also.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

let's hope so.. that way we can silence all these anti-on-campus-stadium / play-in-a-rent-a-stadium advocates... i, for one, am getting tired of playing at HCC Dale Mabry campus' home stadium (rayjay, right across the street).. USF deserves a home to call its own!.. if we dont get one soon, attendance figures wont ever max out to where we'd like them, and the dolla bills wont be flowing as heavily as we'd like them either

You're an idiot .... EOM.