• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Football winning is huge, and our numbers are coming off the Jeff Scott era. 

We all can think of tickets, because it is visual to see the stadium full or empty, but it is so much more. 

Donations and merch sales also largely ride the wave of football success. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

16 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Danny’s an employee of the club, he can’t work and play.  Especially in something as illegal as this.

I guess you really don't want that scholarship do you?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

WWW.ON3.COM

Come read about every last detail on Florida State's quest to leave the ACC, including financials, court proceedings and deadlines
WWW.ON3.COM

Come read about every last detail on Florida State's quest to leave the ACC, including financials, court proceedings and deadlines

“Much like Washington, Oregon, Cal, Stanford, SMU all went to their new leagues at discounted rates, Florida State will not enter a league at full throttle. So they’re basically going to have to pay to leave, and then they’re going to have to take much less money moving forward.”

“Well, there’s only two places to go, the SEC and Big Ten. The SEC doesn’t have a tremendous appetite for them as of right now, but if the Big Ten does have an appetite for them, it becomes a bit of a game of chicken, right. Does the SEC want the Big Ten planting a flag in the south? We’re going to these mega conferences and Florida State becomes this crucial chess piece.”

North Carolina, I can’t overstate, is really the most coveted property in the ACC right now. North Carolina, with its brand and big cities — I believe it’s the 11th-most populated state in the country — and it goes SEC North but also Big Ten South. So it’s kind of a battleground state, to use an election term, that both leagues are going to look at.”

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

17 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

North Carolina, I can’t overstate, is really the most coveted property in the ACC right now. North Carolina, with its brand and big cities — I believe it’s the 11th-most populated state in the country — and it goes SEC North but also Big Ten South. So it’s kind of a battleground state, to use an election term, that both leagues are going to look at.”

This is what is attractive to me about joining the ACC.  I hope these types of teams do not leave.  FSU can go wherever.  People will love those FSU / Iowa matchups.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

6 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Once the ACC GOR is broken, anyone with a Big 10 or SEC invite will be gone. 

The interesting thing, can the rest stay together, or will they panic and run to the Big 12. If the rest stays together, adds in schools like USF, the ACC can still be in competition to be the 3rd best conference. (remember, the BIG 12 is just left over schools the SEC and Big 10 didn't want)

If the Big 12 gets to pick off schools too, then the remains are hard to call a power conference. (but still an upgrade for USF)

The key for USF, when the dust settles is to be in one of the top 4 conferences. 

• Upvote 1

The FSU / Nebraska rivalry is going to be lit!

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

This is what is attractive to me about joining the ACC.  I hope these types of teams do not leave.  FSU can go wherever.  People will love those FSU / Iowa matchups.

Basically your last sentence nails it. I said it before & will continue to say it. These super conferences will eventually all break up and form more regional conferences. Heck basically they are already heading that way with that pod divisional set ups.  USF is going to be fine whenever the dust settles. And they  should not settle for less.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Basically your last sentence nails it. I said it before & will continue to say it. These super conferences will eventually all break up and form more regional conferences. Heck basically they are already heading that way with that pod divisional set ups.  USF is going to be fine whenever the dust settles. And they  should not settle for less.

They will try to drum up interest in the Iowa / Miami rivalry via the fake ranking system.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

Once the ACC GOR is broken, anyone with a Big 10 or SEC invite will be gone. 

The interesting thing, can the rest stay together, or will they panic and run to the Big 12. If the rest stays together, adds in schools like USF, the ACC can still be in competition to be the 3rd best conference. (remember, the BIG 12 is just left over schools the SEC and Big 10 didn't want)

If the Big 12 gets to pick off schools too, then the remains are hard to call a power conference. (but still an upgrade for USF)

The key for USF, when the dust settles is to be in one of the top 4 conferences. 

ACC will be fine. If I were the ACC I would settle with FSU for around $100M or threaten to kick them out like the Big East did to Temple many years ago. Bring in USF & UConn ( UConn is important to keep the basketball schools happy). Kind of sounds like USF is heading back to the old Big East which will be good. I remember you were saying years ago that Syracuse Coach Boehiem told you that he would not be surprised to see USF in the ACC with Cuse again. Well it is looking like he is a prophet as I expect USF to end up in the ACC soon….

• Like 1