• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

So there won't be an ACC for us to join?

That's the idea per this B12 rumormonger.  The ACC will be kaput and the B12 will grow larger and more powerful.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

18 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

The intriguing part to me is the date of 2025 to 2026.  Perfect timing IMO if things go smoothly with the construction of the OCS.  I would imagine that there is some concern from ESPN that the BIG and FOX will get into the SE part of the US.  Might be some movement just to prevent that.  Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

Yeah this whole realignment is  all about taking teams that you don't want or need just to keep another power conference from getting them.

11 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

That's the idea per this B12 rumormonger.  The ACC will be kaput and the B12 will grow larger and more powerful.  

They have to replace their two biggest programs and no one they are adding brings the money or exposure of Texas and Okalahoma. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

47 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Yeah this whole realignment is  all about taking teams that you don't want or need just to keep another power conference from getting them.

So we need to have a glow up or have other options. 🤔

15 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

So we need to have a glow up or have other options. 🤔

Who knows what power conferences will be left is FSU, Clemson, NC, and Miami leave as the rumors state. THe acc will lose alot of money if the big 3 leave (FSU, Clemson, NC) and any others that leave would probably kill the conference. They could backfill with g5/osu/Wazzou but I am not sure it would be considered a power conference bringing big tv contract money that power conferences have been getting. If there was an invite extended of course it would still be much better the the aac.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,492
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

Na, there will still be:

Duke

BC

GT

Miami

Wake Forest

Syracuse

SMU

USF

Memphis

Tulane

I would gladly take the invite to that crew, along with Memphis and Tulane. A solid 10 team conference, just like the good ol' days. Miami and USF rivalry get even stronger after we beat them next year!

• Go Bulls! 1

3 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

Na, there will still be:

Duke

BC

GT

Miami

Wake Forest

Syracuse

SMU

USF

Memphis

Tulane

I would gladly take the invite to that crew, along with Memphis and Tulane. A solid 10 team conference, just like the good ol' days. Miami and USF rivalry get even stronger after we beat them next year!

I see b1g taking  miami if they add fsu. They would have 2/3 big 3 national championships teams in FL. Miami has history with Nebraska and Ohio State. Would be a huge get for the b1g because there are so many transplants in South Florida.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

According to OK ST super fan Swaim. So take his biased rumor with a grain of salt. But reality is that he probably has it all backwards. More than likely the ACC will raid a few big 12 schools to help fill the gap with SMU, Cal, & Stanford.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I see b1g taking  miami if they add fsu. They would have 2/3 big 3 national championships teams in FL. Miami has history with Nebraska and Ohio State. Would be a huge get for the b1g because there are so many transplants in South Florida.

Don’t be surprised if USF leapfrogs Miami regarding Big Ten rumors especially if USF beats Miami next season….

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Don’t be surprised if USF leapfrogs Miami regarding Big Ten rumors especially if USF beats Miami next season….

Why not both  or is usf going to the Sec per the  latest Twitter rumors. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

According to OK ST super fan Swaim. So take his biased rumor with a grain of salt. But reality is that he probably has it all backwards. More than likely the ACC will raid a few big 12 schools to help fill the gap with SMU, Cal, & Stanford.

The problem with the ACC doing that (raid the B12) is the precedent that is set with the latest ACC additions forgoing revenue.  Are there B12 teams that will do that in order to join the ACC?  I wonder if the ACC might entertain picking up the PNW PAC2 schools if they come cheap?  Us and other AAC members will stay an option for the ACC as we're not likely going elsewhere.