• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

13 minutes ago, KB said:

If they canceled it to bribe ACC and got into ACC, would you cancel?

They would have to get into ACC 1st. If that happens then I would just get season tix again. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  2

41 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I still don’t get why SMU’s attendance flat out sucks. Probably because they are a smaller private school in the middle of Dallas. 

Smaller ish private school that draws a large chunk of its students from out of state. I think TCU has a better connection with the local t shirt fans. Noticed the same thing with Tulane. They had sad attendance when we played them the first time last season. Got better for the CCG, and then had great numbers in the cotton bowl when their alumni from across the country were able to plan with more time.

This isn't great news for y'all, but seems like a desperate move by SMU trying to get the last ticket to the promised land.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

6 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Smaller ish private school that draws a large chunk of its students from out of state. I think TCU has a better connection with the local t shirt fans. Noticed the same thing with Tulane. They had sad attendance when we played them the first time last season. Got better for the CCG, and then had great numbers in the cotton bowl when their alumni from across the country were able to plan with more time.

This isn't great news for y'all, but seems like a desperate move by SMU trying to get the last ticket to the promised land.

very smart move by SMU. If I were associated with the school, I would be thrilled with whoever thought up this idea. 

Michael Kelly should get on the phone with multiple ACC schools and offer a free game or two @ the ACC team game with no payout and no return game, as long as they vote no for Stanford, SMU, and Cal. With the stipulation that the vote must fail.

Edited by flsportsfan83

5 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Michael Kelly should get on the phone with multiple ACC schools and offer a free game or two @ the ACC team game with no payout and no return game, as long as they vote no for Stanford, SMU, and Cal. With the stipulation that the vote must fail.

Why?  That would totally mess up scenario 1 in where USF will be joining them in the ACC once FSU leaves. Basically this will make the ACC stable as the #3 conference which will open up for USF down the road 

16 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I do believe there will be more opportunities. USF for one needs to ACC to stay stable. They will either raid the Big 12 or take USF when FSU leave. Let’s say the ACC skips over USF and raids the big 12. Well that opens the door for USF to join big 12. Conference realignment is far from over 

3 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I do believe there will be more opportunities. USF for one needs to ACC to stay stable. They will either raid the Big 12 or take USF when FSU leave. Let’s say the ACC skips over USF and raids the big 12. Well that opens the door for USF to join big 12. Conference realignment is far from over 

Nobody is leaving the Big 12 to come to the ACC. ACC will prob need to move West if they invite SMU, Stanford and Cal. Need better travel partners for those schools. Very real shot that our best hope for a long time is joining with the PAC 4. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491

3 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

not good for us