• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Brad said:

Here is another minor feature that can be your friend too

image.png

That plus is a "multiquote"  So you can press that on multiple comments if you want to address them all.  It's a pretty cool function when used spraingly and correctly.  @Triple B is always on me to quote...so I know about these things...

A button with the number you have quoted will be at bottom and voila, you can press that to put those quotes in your post

image.png

Thanks for the tips! I use this all the time. Especially, if im behind many pages! Works great.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

3 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

I guess my question is where would those schools go? SEC & Big Ten are a step up for the ACC schools so I would think they would need to be invited first before going through the exit of GOR process. We are going to find out soon if the rumors are true regarding FSU leaving ACC by 8/15

Well, not officially.  FSU can't be "invited first" because then the ACC would have grounds to sue the B1G.  The schools have to formally apply to the B1G... That said, I am sure their application is already on file (with 40-50 others).

Colorado voted to leave the Pac 12 ... then the Big 12 voted to admit them.  Now, it was absolutely "fait acompli" - but that is the order.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

38 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Well, not officially.  FSU can't be "invited first" because then the ACC would have grounds to sue the B1G.  The schools have to formally apply to the B1G... That said, I am sure their application is already on file (with 40-50 others).

Colorado voted to leave the Pac 12 ... then the Big 12 voted to admit them.  Now, it was absolutely "fait acompli" - but that is the order.

Louisville probably did things in the most classiest ways possible when they joined the ACC. I believe they announced their plans to leave Big East and then they were later invited by the ACC. However even know they didn’t announce that they pretty much knew the ACC invite was coming. Same thing goes for the ACC schools. They have until 8/15 to notify the ACC that they are leaving. I believe we will probably only hear about two schools leaving if the rumors are true. I’m thinking it is FSU & Clemson but I had them getting SEC invites not Big Ten invites so I’m puzzled now…

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

11 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Louisville probably did things in the most classiest ways possible when they joined the ACC. I believe they announced their plans to leave Big East and then they were later invited by the ACC. However even know they didn’t announce that they pretty much knew the ACC invite was coming. Same thing goes for the ACC schools. They have until 8/15 to notify the ACC that they are leaving. I believe we will probably only hear about two schools leaving if the rumors are true. I’m thinking it is FSU & Clemson but I had them getting SEC invites not Big Ten invites so I’m puzzled now…

I think ESPN is behind it once again. Since they have the ACC schools GOR until 2036. They can technically keep FSU home games rights if they go BigTen. So they are in a way buying themselves into BigTen content they didn’t have. Now they will probably have to add two replacements and still pay ACC same contract amount they were with FSU and Clemson.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I think ESPN is behind it once again. Since they have the ACC schools GOR until 2036. They can technically keep FSU home games rights if they go BigTen. So they are in a way buying themselves into BigTen content they didn’t have. Now they will probably have to add two replacements and still pay ACC same contract amount they were with FSU and Clemson.

Heck yeah!  Hopefully if that happens then the ACC adds UConn & USF. 

14 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

For what it's worth, I believe the Aug 15 is to leave in two years (2025)... so it's not a hard deadline if they want to leave in 2026.

2 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Why would ESPN pay $30 million more to broadcast 10-12 games like Purdue @ FSU or Indiana @ Clemson ?  ESPN was offered a small part of the B1G deal for about that rate and they said no ... but people (you're not the only one) are thinking they are finding a way to work back in?

I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem to me to be logical that ESPN is driving this.  Rather, I think ESPN sees the possibility of teams leaving as a way to get money.  FSU, Clemson, etc would pay some amount of $$$ to "buy out" their GOR - money that would go to the ACC and then to ESPN.  Plus ESPN could also reduce the ACC contract with some of the big names being replaced by smaller brands.

Keep those fingers crossed and candles lit that if FSU and Clemson exit ACC, the Bulls slide in

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Are they going to get PNW schools to fill the slots vacated by FSU and Clemson if they are moving on?  Oregon and Wash in the ACC!?   Nationwide just like the B10 with their two schools on the West Coast in LA.   Will the ACC care about adding back a FL team then?   

4 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

For what it's worth, I believe the Aug 15 is to leave in two years (2025)... so it's not a hard deadline if they want to leave in 2026.

Why would ESPN pay $30 million more to broadcast 10-12 games like Purdue @ FSU or Indiana @ Clemson ?  ESPN was offered a small part of the B1G deal for about that rate and they said no ... but people (you're not the only one) are thinking they are finding a way to work back in?

I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem to me to be logical that ESPN is driving this.  Rather, I think ESPN sees the possibility of teams leaving as a way to get money.  FSU, Clemson, etc would pay some amount of $$$ to "buy out" their GOR - money that would go to the ACC and then to ESPN.  Plus ESPN could also reduce the ACC contract with some of the big names being replaced by smaller brands.

Two things. First off it gets them into BigTen content with two  big names at a lower cost than what they would have to pay BigTen, because they weren’t paying BigTen 60 million it was much more and they would likely be getting Indiana vs Purdue instead.

Im going to say they will guarantee the ACC same amount no loss of money would make them more likely to go along.

Finally don’t be surprised if FSU and Clemson have to play at least one game a year vs ACC till 2036. Guess who covers that game ESPN

Just now, Cat941 said:

Are they going to get PNW schools to fill the slots vacated by FSU and Clemson if they are moving on?  Oregon and Wash in the ACC!?   Nationwide just like the B10 with their two schools on the West Coast in LA.   Will the ACC care about adding back a FL team then?   

The talk is Oregon/ Washington and FSU/ Clemson to BigTen

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Two things. First off it gets them into BigTen content with two  big names at a lower cost than what they would have to pay BigTen, because they weren’t paying BigTen 60 million it was much more and they would likely be getting Indiana vs Purdue instead.

I am not sure that is going to fly... otherwise, why would FSU bother?  They want out of the ACC to get more money on an equal or near-equal footing with B1G/SEC teams.