• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

I thought the new format favored the "big 5" with the ACC getting bowl tie-ins, etc...  Worst case we end up in hte NACC with whatever is left.  Still better than what we're looking at right now.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Sounds like BS.

I agree.  Next you will tell me that Texas A&M and Missouri are going to the SEC, or the Big 10 is going to be dumb enough to add Rutgers.  Who can believe any of this crap?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

An interesting thing was pointed out today that Rutgers only got an invite with Maryland because UVA and GT both said no as they weren't ready to move then, but seem to be possibly ready now.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502

An interesting thing was pointed out today that Rutgers only got an invite with Maryland because UVA and GT both said no as they weren't ready to move then, but seem to be possibly ready now.

Would that allow them to revoke Butgers original invite?? :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I hope UVA and GT aren't ready.  We need someone to hang out with us in the outhouse.

I am still scratching my head at Big 12 busting ACC open (ie Big 12 starting the moves).

At 2 there's no way, only way to 12 is if B1G takes 2 (Gt, UNC) SEC (VT, NC State) takes 2 and Big 12 takes 2 FSU/Miami ( they don't move first), only leaves out Clemson - ( only way Big 12 stops at 12 is if 2 of 3 is gone VT, GT, Clemson)

At 4 - Big 12 takes FSU, Clem, Miami and VT/GT/Duke/UL this is plausible but creates a cluster in scheduling at 14 (12,16 and 20 is all better than 14,18) SEC gets Duke/UNC or VT/NCSt , B1G gets UVA/GT or UVA/UNC. (other option is B1G goes 4 to 18 with UNC,UVA, Duke,GT but 18 sucks)

At 6 Big takes 6 - FSU, Miami, GT/NCSt, Clemson pod with VT, NC State/UL a pod with WVU and Iowa St ( everyone thinks our rival is Pitt, you wanna see 2 good fan bases that hate each other it's WVU/VT) gives SEC Duke/UNC - this is plausible to me. What is bad about this for USF is what happens next in B1G/PAC - *** Does ND decide to join a network? B1G could go to 16 with UVA/ one of the 5 (ND, Pitt, BC, Cuse, GT/UConn) or 6 with all to 20. Or an eastern pod of PAC football with ND, Pitt, Cuse and BC and keeping other sports in C7. - This would cut either UL/NcSt out of the picture with Cincy and possibly UConn.

As you can see each scenario cuts out good teams in New ACC for USF as Data is suggesting

Edited by jvwvu

The Dude of WV - with a gain of salt says that their are 2 ready to jump, 11 is Miami and right now is 12 NC State. makes sense if SEC is going BBall, NCst does not want left out.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7

Long-time lurker here, but with this thread getting started up again today I decided to finally register and put in my 2 cents.

I still feel like thing to do is hope and pray the best for FSU, so that they get what they want the most: an SEC invite. And even though I feel like that's a long-shot since Florida would probably try to block that with everything they have, it would be the best possible realignment move for USF. If the SEC claimed those two, that would leave just Miami for the Big 10 and the Big 12 who are most likely looking to break into the Florida market. After Miami, who is the next-best option? Us. And if that happens, I'm not sure we have to still sell ourselves as a package with UCF. Not that I'd be upset if we did, but I think they need us more than we need them.

If FSU doesn't get an SEC invite, then we have to hope they go as a pair with Miami to the same conference. That'll leave either the Big 12 or the Big 10 (rumors indicate that the Big 12 will be doing the poaching) without a Florida presence, and we'll be next on the list. Worst-case scenario (besides remaining in the NBE) would be FSU to the Big 12 and Miami to the Big 10 (or vice-versa), leaving us with a ticket to the New ACC which is bound to be poached to death in the future and then putting us in the exact same situation we are right now.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

What about the lack of Texas schools in the Big 10 and the PAC12? TX is just as important as FL.   

Big 12 has Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor

SEC has Texas A&M

Brett McMurphy â€@McMurphyESPN

No RT @rmhanlon: @McMurphyESPN R u hearing any of this Big 12 realignmnt talk??Grabbin 6 ACC school?

Of course he hasn't. This is all fan generated.

True, but with McMurphy you have to watch as he is a reporter but ESPN pays his bills and who loses the most with expansion now out of ACC, ESPN.