• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

FSU to the B1G? Not sure if srs. That doesnt even make sense. Honestly, if that were to

happen, college sports would be ruined(more ruined). FSU has no business going up there. Maryland and Rutgers make sense. Florida

State? No. They arent AAU either. Im sure the

B1G would help, but come on.

Agreed. When you look at a whole institution and not just how popular a football team is, FSU propbably costs more and dilutes more money for the Big 10 than we would. The real money is in research, where we are already ahead of Florida State-in spite of them being more privileged.

Not saying it happens but it sounds as if they are trying, I understand the AAU setup but Nebraska is not a part of it now either. In fact our research here at WVU is really good in energy and medicine and we are looking at a 12 year process to try to get AAU (we won't be voted in though) who says FSU is not making those promises.

My point is for those who say USF in unqualified because of football and academics (including research money). But, contrary to the popular belief of the fantasy football conference commissioners, FSU would likely hold back the Big 10's CIC program more than USF would in research money, and even more in the CIC than USF would with the television contract.

The promoters of many of these conference realignment rumors are like those who participate in fantasy football and think they are smarter than NFL general managers.

Edited by Florida Bull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Partial gift partial loan

So, the Big 12 still pays a net loss for even FSU, with 3-5 other ACC teams. I don't mean to be rude, but these Big 12 'homer' rationalizations are getting ridiculous!

By the way, I read a report by Tom Block, projecting the ACC's media contract to be on par with the Big 12's, effectively at $19 million per member.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Georgetown and the rest of the basketball schools have a message for us:

GEORGETOWN-DOUBLE-BIRD.gif

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

I did not say all schools would be helped out. WVU got half a loan /half a gift from Big 12.

Acc deal is for all 3 tiers, Big 12 is for 2

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

Wvu votes yes to USF but where does other 7 come from. This isnt same type of TV as SEc/B1G with making their own networks

I did not say all schools would be helped out. WVU got half a loan /half a gift from Big 12.

Acc deal is for all 3 tiers, Big 12 is for 2

1. I thought WVU paid half of its own exit fee, with the Big 12 loaning the other half-being indirectly paid back by reduced membership payments for a few years. Is that what you suggest for FSU and possibly 5 otter ACC schools?

2. The exclusive ESPN-ACC does not appear to cover everything. The USF-Miami game was not on ESPN, but a regional network. I think it was Florida Fox Sports, Sunshine Network, or something like that. I think the ACC's contract only cover Tier 1, Tier 2, and perhaps the best of Tier 3(?)-not all of Tier 3 rights. Without a conference network, I suspect the Tier 3 revenue almost evens out. If the ACC contract actually deliberately costs FSU around $10 million+ in Third Tier revenue alone, I doubt it would have been signed.