• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

DataBull, I read that on a GTown board quoting a tweet from some guy named Jim Ganzer. I have no idea how reliable he is. They also noted that the original tweeter stated Marquette and DePaul were the only BBall schools to vote no.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

DataBull, I read that on a GTown board quoting a tweet from some guy named Jim Ganzer. I have no idea how reliable he is. They also noted that the original tweeter stated Marquette and DePaul were the only BBall schools to vote no.

Cool. The tweets I saw did not say who voted which way. Apparently he believes he has more info, but some things he was not allowed to share. Must protect the source, lol.

What I can't figure out does "two votes short of 2/3" mean 2/3 of 15 schools or 18 schools?

There is another angle here, if some of the basketball schools are ready to part ways with the football schools whether they have a place to go or not. If some of the basketballs schools want to dissolve because they are stupid, it only takes a few football schools to find a new home in order to make the vote stick if they can vote before they withdraw.

Cool. The tweets I saw did not say who voted which way. Apparently he believes he has more info, but some things he was not allowed to share. Must protect the source, lol.

What I can't figure out does "two votes short of 2/3" mean 2/3 of 15 schools or 18 schools?

Actually, I can't even remember how many schools the conference has now, including non-football.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

For voting purposes, I can't imagine Pitt/Cuse/ND/RU have a say. Temple is already in and probably votes. The new invites aren't officially members yet and don't vote. So that makes 15 (current BBall) - 4 (departures) + 1 (Temple) for 12.

Two-thirds makes it 8 of 12, so "two votes short" would mean 6 for, 3 against, 3 abstain. If we trust the tweets, we have Marquette/DePaul against it, and GTown/SJU (who reportedly jointly proposed it) for it. That leaves the remainder at 4-1-3. Very intersting to know who cast the other supposed "no" vote. We're told it wasn't another BBall school. That other "no" vote would be from the school without a soft landing spot (Temple?).

Or...maybe Temple doesn't get a vote and you still need 8 (of 11) for the two-thirds, making the vote tally 6-2-3. While we're told that no other BBall school voted AGAINST it, it doesn't say they necessarily voted FOR it; they might have abstained. With more pure speculation, you could have UL/UC/USF/UConn/GTown/SJU for, Marq/DeP against, and PC/SHU/Nova abstaining.

Or...there never even was a vote and it was all pure fiction.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

For voting purposes, I can't imagine Pitt/Cuse/ND/RU have a say. Temple is already in and probably votes. The new invites aren't officially members yet and don't vote. So that makes 15 (current BBall) - 4 (departures) + 1 (Temple) for 12.

Two-thirds makes it 8 of 12, so "two votes short" would mean 6 for, 3 against, 3 abstain. If we trust the tweets, we have Marquette/DePaul against it, and GTown/SJU (who reportedly jointly proposed it) for it. That leaves the remainder at 4-1-3. Very intersting to know who cast the other supposed "no" vote. We're told it wasn't another BBall school. That other "no" vote would be from the school without a soft landing spot (Temple?).

Or...maybe Temple doesn't get a vote and you still need 8 (of 11) for the two-thirds, making the vote tally 6-2-3. While we're told that no other BBall school voted AGAINST it, it doesn't say they necessarily voted FOR it; they might have abstained. With more pure speculation, you could have UL/UC/USF/UConn/GTown/SJU for, Marq/DeP against, and PC/SHU/Nova abstaining.

Or...there never even was a vote and it was all pure fiction.

The original source is a Mountaineer who goes out of his way to make the BE and ACC look "less than". Some of his stuff has been way out there. But like everything that comes out of them there hills, it all smells funny.

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

MHver3â€@MHver3

St Johns and GT Introduced a vote to dissolve the BigEast today. They were 2 votes short of the 2/3 needed. 3 schools were no shows.

One of them must have been us. We have been a no-show since this whole craptastrophe began.

Cant believe people are still taking this guy as some news source. Please stop. Lots of people calling him out on twitter, he has no idea what is going on.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

Ingram Smith â€@IngramSmith

If you are a conf realignment junkie, watch the state of Virginia. What happens in VA will likely dictate the future of the ACC

MHver3â€@MHver3

St Johns and GT Introduced a vote to dissolve the BigEast today. They were 2 votes short of the 2/3 needed. 3 schools were no shows.

One of them must have been us. We have been a no-show since this whole craptastrophe began.

Cant believe people are still taking this guy as some news source. Please stop. Lots of people calling him out on twitter, he has no idea what is going on.

That isn't the case at all. Someone reads a tweet that says "VT talking to the B1G". Then, if VT doesn't move to the B1G within the next three days they say he doesn't know what he's talking about. Lots of discussions are happening with lots of schools and lots of conferences. You can't expect every tweet to result in a move of a school from one conference to the other. Lots of discussions are taking place, as evidenced by all the movement the last couple of years.

It's a matter of understanding that these tweets are a glimpse behind the scenes at a given point in time. That doesn't mean something is going to happen, until the word comes out that "this will happen." Many people don't want to know all the stuff that goes on before a move actually takes place. That's fine, just read another threads. This thread is clearly titled "Rumors".

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757

LOL this is beyond rumors. This is some guy throwing crap on the wall and some people act like all this stuff is going down and only this guy knows it.

• Upvote 1