• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Evaluating CJS Through His First 12 Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, puc86 said:

Other than trying really hard, what specifically is he doing that is better and  is moving towards the wins he has not actualized as yet? I can go work on dunking on a ten foot rim 18 hrs a day, 7 days a week for the rest of the year but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen before I introduce a trampoline. 

If you are getting closer to the rim and improving your form, that would be individual progress. You still can't dunk, but you would be improving. Again, if you are going to be focused strictly on wins and losses you are going to be disappointed this season, and that is fine. I have laid out what I see improving. Believe it or not, I am not a CJS fanboy. I was apathetic about USF football and his the hire. You won't find a bunch of posts from me blindly praising the man, but I can see things getting better, even if it is incrementally and not fast enough for the Uber Eats/instant gratification crowd. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I love that you even make the word nuanced unnuanced. The simplistic approach to life and analyzing situations is certainly easier and more comfortable. So more power to those that are lucky enough to only see two colors. 

You are saying that because you see no wins and he is trying really hard then there must be something more complicated that he is doing but you cannot name a single thing he is actually improving, that’s not a nuanced argument that’s an unfounded argument. Most people with nuanced arguments do this because they aren’t sure what to say and they just know they saw other people on the internet do it when they also had no idea what they were arguing but they didn’t like where all known evidence pointed.

Edited by puc86

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I think it's funny you consider yourself "sophisticated" simply because you are cool with no FBS wins in a year and a half ...... crap ... not doing it .... walking away @Triple B

The analysis is more sophisticated than looking at just wins and losses. I was never attempting to make anything personal. For all I know you are extremely sophisticated and use Grey Poupon instead of regular mustard. If you are departing the discussion, I bid you good day, sir! 

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

The analysis is more sophisticated than looking at just wins and losses. I was never attempting to make anything personal. For all I know you are extremely sophisticated and use Grey Poupon instead of regular mustard. If you are departing the discussion, I bid you good day, sir! 

Deli mustard and corse ground mustard are both better forms of mustard than Dijon but Dijon is in fact superior to yellow mustard, all mustards can in fact be force ranked and there is nothing nuanced about it 

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You are saying that because you see no wins and he is trying really hard then there must be something more complicated that he is doing but you cannot name a single thing he is actually improving, that’s not a nuanced argument that’s an unfounded argument. Most people with nuanced arguments do this because they are sure what to say and they just know they saw other people on the internet do it when they also had no idea what they were arguing but they didn’t like where all known evidence pointed.

Please refer to the original post. I laid out some tangible improvements. Part of my argument is that the criticism of CJS is based upon the unrealistic expectations of many on this board. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You are saying that because you see no wins and he is trying really hard then there must be something more complicated that he is doing but you cannot name a single thing he is actually improving, that’s not a nuanced argument that’s an unfounded argument. Most people with nuanced arguments do this because they aren’t sure what to say and they just know they saw other people on the internet do it when they also had no idea what they were arguing but they didn’t like where all known evidence pointed.

So essentially, the argument is that we need to wait and see

8 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Please refer to the original post. I laid out some tangible improvements. Part of my argument is that the criticism of CJS is based upon the unrealistic expectations of many on this board. 

Expecting a single FBS win isn’t unrealistic, expecting people to think having that expectation is unrealistic is the unrealistic expectation.

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Of course we need to wait and see for the ultimate, final grade, but we can also do some quarterly report cards. Otherwise, what would we mindlessly and needlessly banter about on an internet message board?

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Then he probably should have gotten an incomplete. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Then he probably should have gotten an incomplete. 

That would be my grade.  But maybe 90% of the grade is just showing up and the other 10% is less meaningful things like W/L's