• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Evaluating CJS Through His First 12 Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

No cognitive disconnect. You are hung up as wins as the only indication of the job he is doing. I am coming from a much more sophisticated and nuanced position that there is far more to judging CJS than simply wins and losses. I understand your myopic and simple approach to what is otherwise a much more varied and complex discussion. 

Is his recruiting better than the level of the players currently holding him back? Is he settled on a QB now that his starting QB from last season was asked to leave so that he can use the QB he was waiting for all of last season that has now become apparently his number three qb? Has his game management improved? Actually is there a single thing that is remotely tangible that has improved? Nuance is the language of the wrong because most things in life are actually exactly as they appear and people just don’t want to admit who they are or put any effort into becoming the person they believe they should be seen as.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

11 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

No cognitive disconnect. You are hung up as wins as the only indication of the job he is doing. I am coming from a much more sophisticated and nuanced position that there is far more to judging CJS than simply wins and losses. I understand your myopic and simple approach to what is otherwise a much more varied and complex discussion. 

There's nothing sophisticated or nuanced about  your "position".  You are simply excusing CJS from the performance on the field and blaming it on outside factors.  At best your approach is "wait and see" ... at worst it is CJS can do no wrong.  But it definitely isn't sophisticated and nuanced.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Is his recruiting better than the level of the players currently holding him back? Is he settled on a QB now that his starting QB from last season was asked to leave so that he can use the QB he was waiting for all of last season that has now become apparently his number three qb? Has his game management improved? Actually is there a single thing that is remotely tangible that has improved? Nuance is the language of the wrong because most things in life are actually exactly as they appear and people just don’t want to admit who they are or put any effort into becoming the person they believe they should be seen as.

His game management and decision making as a coach have improved. Everyone saw that Cade looked good in practices and scrimmages, it just didn't translate to the field. He has a QB he can ride with now who many on here knew was ultimately going to be our QB for the foreseeable future. If you don't think that CJS isn't putting in the effort then I don't know what you are seeing. He cares far more than his predecessor and that enthusiasm is infecting everyone around the progrum. 

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

There's nothing sophisticated or nuanced about  your "position".  You are simply excusing CJS from the performance on the field and blaming it on outside factors.  At best your approach is "wait and see" ... at worst it is CJS can do no wrong.  But it definitely isn't sophisticated and nuanced.

That’s what nuanced means 99.9% of the time. I know I’m failing miserably but it’s not my fault it’s the whole world out to get me and doing things is hard.

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

It is looking further than just wins and losses, so it is certainly more sophisticated and nuanced than the COACH WIN = GOOD, COACH LOSE = BAD crowd that we have on here. 

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

His game management and decision making as a coach have improved. Everyone saw that Cade looked good in practices and scrimmages, it just didn't translate to the field. He has a QB he can ride with now who many on here knew was ultimately going to be our QB for the foreseeable future. If you don't think that CJS isn't putting in the effort then I don't know what you are seeing. He cares far more than his predecessor and that enthusiasm is infecting everyone around the progrum. 

I definitely think he is trying, that’s the problem he can’t hustle more and do better he needs to change things that he is doing and the decisions he makes because it is not working 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

That’s what nuanced means 99.9% of the time. I know I’m failing miserably but it’s not my fault it’s the whole world out to get me and doing things is hard.

I love that you even make the word nuanced unnuanced. The simplistic approach to life and analyzing situations is certainly easier and more comfortable. So more power to those that are lucky enough to only see two colors. 

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

It is looking further than just wins and losses, so it is certainly more sophisticated and nuanced than the COACH WIN = GOOD, COACH LOSE = BAD crowd that we have on here. 

Other than trying really hard, what specifically is he doing that is better and  is moving towards the wins he has not actualized as yet? I can go work on dunking on a ten foot rim 18 hrs a day, 7 days a week for the rest of the year but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen before I introduce a trampoline. 

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

Nope not at all ....  not going to do it though ....  @Triple B I'm walking away

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I love that you even make the word nuanced unnuanced. The simplistic approach to life and analyzing situations is certainly easier and more comfortable. So more power to those that are lucky enough to only see two colors. 

I think it's funny you consider yourself "sophisticated" simply because you are cool with no FBS wins in a year and a half ...... crap ... not doing it .... walking away @Triple B