• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PJ legacy...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

8-3 in the big east and a BCS bowl (win or lose) is better than 9-2... i don't think that is even questionable... the 9-2 season can't compare, from a competition standpoint.

if PJ gets us there, he will go down as an important part.  It is the QB's job to get us wins, however it is done.  Hall is a huge part of it, as is the OL... but do you honestly think we'd be in this position with Denson right now?  perhaps?  i doubt it though.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407

PJ will go down as a GREAT LEADER.... Not a great QB!

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

Can someone look up MB stats versus better D1A teams?  I seem to remember every time we played a midlevel or above D1A team he struggled.  He was a great 1-AA QB where he could out talented everyone.  Not sure how he would rank versus 1A.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

All I know is he will go down as the QB that took us to a bowl first, if we go.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

PJ is a servicable QB, as long as he takes care of the ball and manages the O he will be fine.

I loved Blackwell, but do we forget that he struggled against big name teams. But if he had this running game it probably would have been different.

I could care less what Pat's legacy is. He just wants to take us to the Sugar Bowl and win the game.

So if he wins, he will be considered a winner. Probably not a great QB.

I would rather be a winner than a great position player.

Guest S.  Bien

Everyone needs to stop putting the cart before the horse first.  Let's achieve it before we critique.

Second, PJ is a good college QB under the right offense and format.  He'll never be confused as a great passer, or great QB, but he's gotten us some tough yards on the ground, not just with his arm.

PJ may still have another year to go, should he go8-3 and into the BCS this year, and continue that momentum next year then everyone, whether you appreciated him or not, should be proud of this kid and rever him as one of those historic players in our past.  

Someone gave a great example in Major Harris, Turner Gill, Matt Jones, Tommie Frazier.....I could go on, and on, and on....there's lots of marginal passers that have one national championships, an conference championships that went down as great players in history.

hell for that matter Vince Young isn't that great of a passer, but VY's got unreal talent around him.  I've seen two Tx games where there were about 5-6 passes that his receivers made him look good.  If PJ had better, or more mature receivers around him his numbers would be slightly better this year, and so would our record.

The guy gets us to a BCS game this year his legacy will be as a winner, and a fighter.  I will forever remember him for that and be eternally grateful.   BCS teams don't come along often.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

right on BT... his job is to win... if he does that... that is what counts and that is what he'll be remembered for.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

If PJ wills us to victory with his gutty play against WV then yes his legacy should be held in very high regard.  However if he's 4-10 for 75 yards 1 TD and 1 INT and Andre runs for 250 I don't see how that changes his legacy one bit.  It would have been Andre who should be revered, as he already is.  For example, is Trent Dilfer revered by Baltimore?  Not at all.  He was seen as not getting in the way of his team winning the superbowl.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

The qb gets too much credit when a team wins (except here) and too much blame when they lose.

It's an old, worn out cliche but is pretty accurate. It's a TEAM sport ....

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

If memory serves Major Harris and Ryan Leaf were Heisman contenders, and Gino Toretta won the Heisman.  Not exactly good comparisons to Pat Julmiste.  Chris Rix might be a good one, since no one ever knew which Rix would show up, but he was much higher a recruit coming in than PJ.

He will be remembered as the QB of the first USF bowl team, that no one can deny.