• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time for students and fans to put up or shut up

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

too many alums have enemy colors on

Go BULLS !!!

thats the TRUTH right there.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

The U-S-F chant... that is when you know your town is taking you in... I've heard school chants at bars in Tally, Happy Valley, Columbus, Columbia... and now in Tampa... this is a true sign momentum is shifting in town towards South Florida... I wish I could've been there... the Green and Gold are bringing pride to the many faces in Tampa!

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

hope the wheels stay intact on the bandwagon if the the team stumbles in conn or against wvu.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

Bullzfan4life,

As Max has stated, we've done some wonderful recruiting events during the off-time.  I'm glad you're enjoying our performances thus far.  We will be performing our 3rd show for our final two games consisting of two wonderful charts from Earth, Wind and Fire.

Finally, we have a goal of adding another 100 members for next year's Herd of Thunder.  That would bring us to 300 members.  No mater what size our band will be next year, you will see us sporting our new uniforms!

Sincerely,

Herd of Thunder Marching Band 2005, Mellophone

I'm glad to see you adding some new arrangements!  You guys have done a great job this year; getting more pumped and getting the crowd pumped!  I wish we could hear you better though.

BTW, the "Fab 4" (AKA: Mutt, me, applepj, Art) talked to Mike (band director) and he said ya'll might not get new uniforms due to budget.  Is that still true?

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Bubbles,

When I was at the USF vs. Rutgers game at the Alumni tailgate party, President Genshaft in casual conversation stated that we will be getting our new uniforms.  That same week on Monday (Oct. 31), the band saw a prototype of the new uniform.

Sincerely,

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

hope the wheels stay intact on the bandwagon if the the team stumbles in conn or against wvu.

I'll be happy when bandwagon fans from other schools come back to their school.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Hey HOTMello, is the drumline going to march out of the stadium again if we win? If they do it they should try to start from the student section  right behind the Pirate Ship, and do it while there are still students around. Last time most of them were gone by the time the drumline marched out.  

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Bubbles,

When I was at the USF vs. Rutgers game at the Alumni tailgate party, President Genshaft in casual conversation stated that we will be getting our new uniforms.  That same week on Monday (Oct. 31), the band saw a prototype of the new uniform.

Sincerely,

Well considering that the current administration is responsible for overhauling both our academic and athletic logos, they should pony up for new H.O.T. uni's.  Even if Genshaft has to pay for them herself; she can go a month or two without a new pair of shoes from Lord & Taylor.

IMHO:

new iconic bullhorn U logo > old Marvel comics red-eye bull (the goat)

new Times New Roman USF logo <= old retro 70's USF with swooping S (think of the classic logo of the group YES).

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

moisesLB86,

You're not counting the 20 some-odd students that got arrested for jumping onto the field, right?...LOL!...I think that this is going to be a tradition for our drum line to march down the concourse after each game since we don't get our break anymore after the halftime show when they use to do their drum line performance.

Pass the word out for all those that like the drum line to stick around and cheer them as they march out!

Hightechbull,

Now, now, on Pres. Genshaft.  We were told by our Director that when she heard us play at our standstill show outside RJS, that she told our Director you got your new uniforms.  I think she does realize the value of the Herd of Thunder to the overall vision of our Football team.  Remember, the HOT, Cheerleaders, Sun Dolls, and Rocky's only mission is to pump up the crowd to directly support the football team.  I think Pres. Genshaft is a person who realizes this and will do everything in her power to make sure that all components are a high caliber both looks, performance, and professionalism.

And heads up on new uni look ... The left chest insignia has been changed to the new Usf logo. Also there is a Big U on the back.  Both mentioned logos are in white.  Same green jacket and black pants.  The gold sash is built in and we have bat wings now(supposed to make our shoulders broader and bigger on the field) !... LOL ... Can't wait to show them off next season!

Sincerely,

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

HotMello,

Maybe you guys can do a condensed version of the fight song when we score a touchdown and do the full version after the extra point.  I know we did that in high school and it worked well.  Glad to hear you all got new uniforms.  I'm a huge fan of drums, so i love watching u all go down, and then play at the bottom, but maybe you could talk to the drumline and see if they can do some hand motions or something with the drum sticks while playing, maybe playing on each others drums for the snares, would be something, something like u saw in the movie Drumline.