• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Howard out for the Season!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Dennis starting

Capko/Roodley backup.

You'll see alot of Capko this year.

I understand that Capko has a sore shoulder right now ..... Could see a lot of Roodley tonight.

Sleeping on this didn't make it any better.   :'(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Pray for no more injuries!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Poor planning.  Injuries happen.  Coach has had 3 years to recruit a FULL roster for our first season in the BE and we're going in with EIGHT players.

would you like some cheese with that whine?

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I know RMC can do no wrong in your eyes but aren't you the least bit frustrated with this velcro?  I'm just tired of using the "undermanned" excuse....you'd think we would have corrected this by now.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

not a good start to the season

I know RMC can do no wrong in your eyes but aren't you the least bit frustrated with this velcro?  I'm just tired of using the "undermanned" excuse....you'd think we would have corrected this by now.

You are right Beastie...

Coach Mac... how in the hell have you not invented a way to prevent ACL injuries?  There is no excuse!  

::)

I am frustrated at freak injuries, yes, but there is NOTHING you can do about that.   Do i want Sills back?  Nope.  Chit happens...  this year is going to be rough, but having Howard an extra year MAY just be a blessing in a horrible disguise.

As long as mac is consistent with his philosophy, i'll accept when he dismisses a player for bad conduct.  

I'd be mad if Sills walked all over him/and the team, and then Mac didn't boot him.  I wanted to see him play with the team, but if he wasn't going to play by Mac's rules, buh-bye.

Sills was a late pickup, we wouldn't have had anyone else to fill the empty slot, so why not take the chance.

Now with Howard's injury, we are short handed, so while it is frustrating, i don't see any errant coaching leading to this... just a freak accident.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

I am frustrated at freak injuries, yes, but there is NOTHING you can do about that.   Do i want Sills back?  Nope.  Chit happens...  this year is going to be rough, but having Howard an extra year MAY just be a blessing in a horrible disguise.

Technically, Velcro, USF will not have Howard an extra yr and he probably will not practice at all this season.  Fours playing time and no more unless you have a devastating injury after taking a RS yr.  It's kinda like redshirting Andre Hall in 2004 'cuz the FootBulls had Clenton Crosley.  It may be good for the future but it's basically trashing the present.  Hopefully the knee comes back strong.  BTW how's Cann's knee?   Anyone heard what his dr. said Monday?

He does have a devestating injury, any season ending injury is devestating... and he would not have played ANY games.

Had Marlyn not been injured in the middle of 2 separate seasons, he could have gotten a medical redshirt too.

I'm sure Howard will apply for the medical redshirt.

I know we have been denied in the past (Scott Johnson for example, after his injury against Texas in the 2nd game of the year), but i would have to think this would qualify.

I know he wouldn't get 5 years, but he should get to physically play for 4 years.  

Tim Jones redshirted last year so that we'd have him this year in the big east.