• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Matt Grothe be a Ryan Hart?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

grothe is white, deberry commented on black players being faster.. speaking of fast white guys, has anyone seen the white RB for auburn? its truly an anomoly

The biggest anomaly I've yet seen is former Arkansas and current Jaguars wideout Matt Jones.

He is almost 250lbs.  He runs a 4.3-4.4 40.  And he's white.

I dont get why the race comparisons are such a stigma.  Can you say overly politically correct?  As a whole, people developed speed vs endurance based on regional needs etc. in history.  Typically, this lends the average black person to have a higher sprint speed and less cardio type endurance, and a white person the opposite.  Of course, both can be developed significantly.

But in case everyone wasn't paying attention, that isnt always the case.  There are very, very good black olympic distance runners.  And there are some very fast white guys.

Fact of the matter is that skin color has very little to do with natural speed.  It has to do with composition of muscles, tendons, etc.  Genetic.  The only reason there is correlation between race and this is how cultures historically developed their people, back when races tended to congregate in different regions of the world as opposed to the mixing of races in regions today (probably a very good thing from a genetic standpoint, especially if natural selection continues).

End reality?  All races of athletes have done great things in sports.  And if you want a fast guy, you don't need to see his skin color.  You just need an ACCURATELY timed 40 yard dash for speed, and the other things like shuttle times for agility.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

The biggest anomaly I've yet seen is former Arkansas and current Jaguars wideout Matt Jones.

He is almost 250lbs.  He runs a 4.3-4.4 40.  And he's white.

I dont get why the race comparisons are such a stigma.  Can you say overly politically correct?  As a whole, people developed speed vs endurance based on regional needs etc. in history.  Typically, this lends the average black person to have a higher sprint speed and less cardio type endurance, and a white person the opposite.  Of course, both can be developed significantly.

But in case everyone wasn't paying attention, that isnt always the case.  There are very, very good black olympic distance runners.  And there are some very fast white guys.

Fact of the matter is that skin color has very little to do with natural speed.  It has to do with composition of muscles, tendons, etc.  Genetic.  The only reason there is correlation between race and this is how cultures historically developed their people, back when races tended to congregate in different regions of the world as opposed to the mixing of races in regions today (probably a very good thing from a genetic standpoint, especially if natural selection continues).

End reality?  All races of athletes have done great things in sports.  And if you want a fast guy, you don't need to see his skin color.  You just need an ACCURATELY timed 40 yard dash for speed, and the other things like shuttle times for agility.

i was just commentng on the auburn RB because its the only true RB (not RB/FB hybrid like brian leonard or mike alstott) that i've seen in my entire life (beyond the high school level, obviously)

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

Though i probably don't need to defend myself, I do attend a pretty solid school: Sewanee.  Though you have no cause to believe me cee, i can tell you that my act score was a 34 and my sat a 1530 (pre-writing section test.)

Well, im done acting like a pompous ass, i just get tired of cee and wish that he would be reunited with bullonly.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

well, ryan hart has what people would call a weak arm, and it seems pretty adequate for college.. i could care less how they project in the pros, we just need a QB that is smart and can get the ball there, a la ken dorsey

then i will take grote all 4 yrs he is here. with these recievers and our defense we should be in the hunt if not favored to win the BE

i can tell you that my act score was a 34 and my sat a 1530 (pre-writing section test.)

Well, im done acting like a pompous ass.

thats great man, i'm real proud of you.. really, i am.  it just baffles my mind how you would bring up my alma mater when it has absolutely nothing to do with the original post or my response comment to your comment on air force's coach..

and if you're gonna comment that my "emory education is working out [for me]", ask yourself if your Sewanee education is working out for you, if you have to call people out on personal things (i.e. their alma mater's education working out for them) because you have nothing else to say about the original post or any comment regarding it

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

well, ryan hart has what people would call a weak arm, and it seems pretty adequate for college.. i could care less how they project in the pros, we just need a QB that is smart and can get the ball there, a la ken dorsey

Well Ryan Hart is rutgers' all time leader in interceptions.   Not sure if you know but Rutgers has been playing football for a really, really, really, really.....well longer than ANYBODY.  Regardless of who it is let's not shoot for our next QB to be like Ryan Hart.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

Only is response to your response to my response  :P

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

who is ryan hart? (and why should we care)

who is ryan hart? (and why should we care)

you obviously watch/follow the usf games

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i hope i live to see grothe play qb