• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Players pease keep your helmets on

Guest guest

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

did we get a penalty for not having our helmet on during this game?

Did we?

I didn't see one.

So who the hell cares?

did we get a penalty for not having our helmet on during this game?

Did we?

I didn't see one.

So who the hell cares?

So I guess you think its ok and the coaching staff should not address it?

We do lots of things that don't get called, but that doesn't make any of them right.  

If only one player did it I wouldn't even have mentioned it, buy Royal, Jenkins and Williams all did it.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

Our players do need to get their emotions in check.  It is good to enjoy oneself and gain some swagger, but doing things that could hurt other student athletes merely out of frustration is bad form.  I don't picture most of our players as "thugs" nor do I typically see them do anything of that nature...most of the penalties on us are things like pass interference (which everyone in college will commit if they get beat), holding, and formation problems.

Now, while these things are very important to correct because such an increase in discipline would make USF a better team, it is also poor form for fans to go around namecalling these guys, inacurately mind you, just because they feel like it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

So I guess you think its ok and the coaching staff should not address it?

We do lots of things that don't get called, but that doesn't make any of them right.  

If only one player did it I wouldn't even have mentioned it, buy Royal, Jenkins and Williams all did it.  

I'm just saying that it had no impact on this game.

The coaches tellthem not to do it. What you were seeing was guys taking teh helmet off on or very near the sidelines. That is not some huge problem.

Taking it off and throwing it or running up into the officials face-- umm-- yeah, that's a problem.

The coaches are on this stuff. Let's not make a federal case about this stuff just because you don't like seeing it. It's everywhere on TV these days. Doesn't make it right or wrong but we are not the only ones doing it.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it would have been a federal case if we would have lost

it needs to be addressed

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,776
  • Days Won:  3

You listen to me, Grafstrom!

The mama's boys on here have every right to complain about removing helmets, unauthorized t-shirts worn under the jersey, incorrect sock display and a bazillion other insignificant non-game-impacting-nickel and dime whines.  

That's what makes being a 'guest' such a wonderful thing. Don't have time to register , but I do have time to pout and snot my nose.

Did it impact the game? No ? Well, it is a non-issue. Next you'll be wanting to do away wiff  da' gold teef's.  ::)

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

when in the game did any of the players take their helmets off while on the field........ and no taking your helment off as you are walking to the sidelines, jackson after 3 and 1, doesnt count