• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sportsline's take on our basketball hopes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

I honestly hope that there is cause for optimism but I fear playing in the toughest league in the country will have us scrambling for moral victories.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

All the more reason to go nuts when they do!!!

Dear Lord, you're not considering storming the court after our first BE home win, are you??       ;)

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

if our starting line up looks something like buck, melvyn Richardson, howard, holmes and solomon, i think we could have a chance to surprise some people, they way they played today at the scrimage was impressive, they really played great together

I like that lineup, but i do hope Dennis gets healthy quickly.  He adds defensive tenacity that i don't know exists in the others.

I honestly hope that there is cause for optimism but I fear playing in the toughest league in the country will have us scrambling for moral victories.

I agree the wins will not come very often, but they will come.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i think collin dennis would be a good 6th man coming off the bench, don't think he is starter material

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

One thing he has over Howard is experience..  He'll, at the very least, be sharing time early in the season at the point (with sills gone).  And also splitting time with Holmes at shooting guard.

Youth, Size and depth are going to hurt us this year, but i am happy with the talent we have on the floor, especially knowing the guys we have coming in.  This year is a building block year.    

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

not going to disagree that this is a building block year, but from what i saw last night at the scrimmage, howard was a better player than dennis, yes dennis might have experience in the program, but playing wise howard beats him out, and i think he will grasp the program quickly and already has, and will be an clutch player for us

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Dear Lord, you're not considering storming the court after our first BE home win, are you??

;)

Nah, I get to "storm the court" whenever I want to... football fields are a bit harder to work that out with....

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

Bust: Here's the deal. South Florida was a bad team last year in Conference USA. Its best three players graduated, and its most promising returning player turned pro in Europe, and its preseason starting PG, David Sills, was kicked off the team this week. Final analysis: South Florida will be a really bad Big East team. http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9017076

I can't really argue with that. I'm just hoping we don't regularly lose by 20 and manage to grab a few wins from the other cellar-dwellers.

People are going to get sick of losing fairly quickly. This is essentially a honeymoon season for McCullum, we will need to show improvement in subsequent seasons or I will be calling for his head.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

these bulls will surprise some people

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

8-10 wins would be good (probable)

11-13 would be great (possible)

14-16 would be excellent (snowball's chance in hades)