• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Damn good to be back...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,045
  • Days Won:  469

Okay,

Around the end of July I embarked on a new mission in my job that required me to travel every week to Portland.  I thought, "no big deal".  "No big deal" cause I'll just take my laptop and update things and post on the board from there...right.  I end up working wall-to-wall 16 hour days (can anyone say "sucker"?) and when I do get to the hotel, I somehow get a freaking virus that nearly shuts down my PC.  When I got home on the weekends, I figured I could update/post then on my desktop.  But no....my wife inadvertently shut down internet service to our home and it was not available again until last week (by a different provider).  

So to get the virus taken care of I update my Norton Anti-Virus which just so happened to offer a firewall upgrade.  Well uploading that then knocked out my abilities to update SouthFloridaBulls.com because Norton has its own proxy service that somehow blocked my the web server on my PC.

Well, I have the virus taken care of and figured out how to turn off Norton proxy services and again I have access from home.

Not that you all need to know this or care that much, but I thought you might want to know the reason for my absence.   AND NEVER take frequent and unfettered access to the internet for granted!!!

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Glad to have you back!

I have a friend that recently moved to Lawrence KS to do a post doc at KU

It took him 3 months to get internet service!

he was going bonkers...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,045
  • Days Won:  469

by the way did you actually carve that pumpkin?

Yes I did, tonight actually...it is on my front entrance with the other halloween carved pumpkins.  I am sure people are curious.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the boardhas been a bit renegade in your absence marshall

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

And you really think it was an accident that your internet service got shut down ? On the road for a week and come home planning on updating the USF web site ~~right~~ LOL    FOR SALE: Water front property, location New Orleans,  price cheap.